Downloads?

Squishy

Thread Junky
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
870
I was just wondering if there was a way to make your Steam games download faster?

I already know that you can go into task manager and up the priority to realtime, but that only increases it by just a little bit.

Anyone know any other ways of doing this?
 
none that i know of . my computer is fst so my games download almosy instantly
 
Your download speed has nothing to do with process priority, and everything to do with your isp. Also, you could try turning of other downloads off. (ex. Torrents)

You MIGHT, and I mean MIGHT be able to squeeze out a little bit more with port forwarding. I would use this as a guide.

Most isp's speed cap based on sliding price plans. Allster, it sounds like your capped at 300. (Probably the basic plan.)
 
Yeah, you could have the fastest computer ever and it wouldn't effect your download speed :P.

Also, in Steam options, make sure you have selected the server that is closest to your location.
 
i usally dont check post desktop icon and it starts my download at 60% most of the time idk maybe it will help you aswell
 
you can download faster if you upgrade your internet. based on whats in your area. steam normally maxes out bandwith when downloading and your not playin games off steam during the download
 
I used to be connected via a wireless adapter but now I'm directly connected to the internet and I'm at around 1MB/sec when I'm downloading/updating on Steam.
 
It is about 100 kb/s. My ISP sucks. The internet goes out about 3 days a week.

I suggest calling your isp and get a service representative to look into it. I had the same trouble about a year ago. Turns out, they had to get some line techs to replace a faulty line in my neighborhood. Speed was great after that.
 
I just let steam do its thing ..... Then i get to do mine.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top