Can we please stop with the MMO jokes?

robo hobo

Active Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2008
Messages
269
Seriously. They aren't funny anymore. Just got out of a game where people were making MMO jokes non-stop over the mic. Sure, it's all in good mood but when people make the same joke every single day it gets annoying and distracting. :facewall:

Please?
 
meh, it will eventually go away, I wouldn't worry about it. I see few on every games, but I don't mind, just ignore them if you don't want to hear/see them!
 
On a side note:
L4G: w/healer and ranger.


all kidding aside. Everyones humor is different. What is annoying to you may be hilarious to everyone else? Try not to let it bother you and it will go away sooner? Or possibly get funny?
 
When the jokes are non-stop and the complain is too, I don't think it is funny... nothing better than joining a server to hear people complaining over mic about the update... ;)
 
Really people are still joking about that? The most i've heard is people complaining about not getting any unlocks ;)
 
It's not just the MMO thing, the complaining in general drives me crazy. Is it not enough just to say "Aww, i already have five of those!"? Apparently not, it's always "WTF my frige is all sandviches why valv why i would have everything if we had achievemtns stupid RPG is broke"

/rant about ranting
 
I had to remind several players tonight that the Escape key has not been modified at all with the latest update.
 
I was on Mesa, didn't even hear a single MMO joke that time.
It could've been me concentrationg on othet hings not putting my ear out for jokes.
 
Lol where is this coming from? I've never, ever had a problem with people joking about MMO's too much. I can't recall a time anyone has joked about MMO's besides basic stuff.
 
Just about every time I have waited the 25 or so minutes to get into Blackmesa since the update there have been people complaaining (on mic) about the update.... either through jokes or through flat out complaining... I hope it calms down now that we are past the free weekend.... but it is well past "old" at this point.
 
It will pass, and for some people it never will.

When it was the "Get achievements to get unlocks" people complained. OMG CHANGE THIS!
Now that they came out with (what i think its the best way to do it (ie: Play normal and get items)) people are complaining about that too.

Its the internet. People are going to complain, NO MATTER WHAT you give them for FREE!


All we (the admins) can do is prevent/detour from it when it becomes a distraction to the game. Try not to let it bother you and it will go away on its own.
 
My only problem is that i havent gotten any drops, and when i do get one it better not be something i already have. I understand its supposed to be random but their should be some logic like you get the new items first then start getting repeats and a limit to the repeats at that. It should atleast be based off of your current inventory, who the hell needs 5+ of any item? That is why they complain/joke about MMO's!!!!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top