Lucky Item Find

Captain Ashton

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
986
I was playing TF2 earlier when someone got the Sniper Milestone 2. The random achievment system kicked in and this was the result:
luckyTF2find.jpg
 
Happened to me too. Getting the unlocks with one achievment is amazing.I believe i got seven unlocks with two achievements.
 
I believe that's what happens when you hit a milestone for the first time after the new update: weapons are now unlocked with milestones as well as random drops, and so the first time you hit a new milestone, all the unlocks that you SHOULD have gotten are given to you in one fell swoop.
 
Wow. I had something like that happen to me once as well. It was funny ;)
 
I believe that's what happens when you hit a milestone for the first time after the new update: weapons are now unlocked with milestones as well as random drops, and so the first time you hit a new milestone, all the unlocks that you SHOULD have gotten are given to you in one fell swoop.

Did you read it right? He said someone else achieved the milestone, then the random system gave HIM a bunch of random weapons.

Not tied together at all, pretty awesome if you don't already have those yet.
 
sometimes getting one achievement triggers milestones that you werent already granted
 
Did you read it right? He said someone else achieved the milestone, then the random system gave HIM a bunch of random weapons.

Not tied together at all, pretty awesome if you don't already have those yet.

Did YOU read it right? lol

The screenshot shows some guy named ravilith getting the unlocks (who I assume got the milestone achievement as well), not captain ashton. :P
 
Did YOU read it right? lol

The screenshot shows some guy named ravilith getting the unlocks (who I assume got the milestone achievement as well), not captain ashton. :P

Ugh, confusing. I was like half-asleep when I typed that and didn't read the picture just assumed he was talking about him self.

My mistake ;), just thought he would be posting it about him self and not someone else.
 
Last edited:
cut-chemist: I'm trying to explain that this isn't "luck" at all: rather, when you get a new item through a milestone (even the old unlocks from medic, pyro, scout and heavy), it now shows up as "player has found: INSERT WEAPON HERE", just as if it was a "random" drop. The ravilith guy definitely did NOT get all those weapons by the random drop system, but rather through the re-activated milestone system. It's just that he achieved many other milestones before the milestones were reactivated, so the system game him all the weapons he should have gotten if the milestones were activated from the beginning.
 
cut-chemist: I'm trying to explain that this isn't "luck" at all: rather, when you get a new item through a milestone (even the old unlocks from medic, pyro, scout and heavy), it now shows up as "player has found: INSERT WEAPON HERE", just as if it was a "random" drop. The ravilith guy definitely did NOT get all those weapons by the random drop system, but rather through the re-activated milestone system. It's just that he achieved many other milestones before the milestones were reactivated, so the system game him all the weapons he should have gotten if the milestones were activated from the beginning.

That certainly makes more sense than him managing to get 3 lucky bonuses with the sniper milestone.
 
cut-chemist: I'm trying to explain that this isn't "luck" at all: rather, when you get a new item through a milestone (even the old unlocks from medic, pyro, scout and heavy), it now shows up as "player has found: INSERT WEAPON HERE", just as if it was a "random" drop. The ravilith guy definitely did NOT get all those weapons by the random drop system, but rather through the re-activated milestone system. It's just that he achieved many other milestones before the milestones were reactivated, so the system game him all the weapons he should have gotten if the milestones were activated from the beginning.

Yeah, I know thats how it works. Thats how I got all my weapons, I didnt read the screenshot the first time, I thought someone else achieved something and captain got lucky and the random drop system gave captain 3 new items for no reason, but it was just someone getting the rest of his unlocks from his milestones.

Was half-asleep when I made the first post.
 
It's not supposed to do that, at least I don't think it should. It's the remnants of Valve's drop system glitch that spammed many hats and weapons to players.
 
lol thats cool, but does anyone know when the trading system comes? i have 8 jarates to trade!
 
It's not supposed to do that, at least I don't think it should. It's the remnants of Valve's drop system glitch that spammed many hats and weapons to players.
And @watersnake:
The system is NOT glitched in this case. let me explain.
You know how milestones used to give you weapons, and after the update, the spy and sniper weapons didn't come by milestone? Well, Valve went "We should put in the milestones again, hehehe screw with them" and so a while later, they added back spy and sniper milestones, and their respective weapons. However, lots of people already GOT enough achievements to qualify for the milestones, but didn't get the new weapons because they got them during the period when no milestones were existant. However, after the update, Valve had to have a system to give the players who rightfully earned an unlock from doing X achievements their unlock, and so just decided that they would give all of these "lost" unlocks as soon as another achievement was achieved. This happened to almost everyone on the first achievement achieved after the update.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top