Paranoia to the Extreme

Retribution

Thread Junky
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
808
Hello,
I can't speak for anyone else, but the dead ringer has made me so paranoid that I have become scared that I start to think that the other classes may have the dead ringer. I mean, whenever I kill someone I have to coat the area in bullets just to make sure that I won't die 10 seconds later and be like "You have to be kidding me! I didn't know Demos have dead ringers!"
So tell me, do any of you have this fear of your enemy's retribution?
 
Yes , i do the same thing lol . i have to make sure nothing is alive , i even shoot the body sometimes .
 
Not really considering a lot of spies don't use it, and the sound is extremely loud so I just keep going.
 
I find the Cloak and Dagger way more paranoia-inducing. If a Spy is really willing to waste his time, he can annoy the crap out of a specific area for insanely long periods of time, and it's maddening to find him if you don't have a willing Pyro (and sometimes even if you do).
 
I find the Cloak and Dagger way more paranoia-inducing. If a Spy is really willing to waste his time, he can annoy the crap out of a specific area for insanely long periods of time, and it's maddening to find him if you don't have a willing Pyro (and sometimes even if you do).


Yeah, that makes it fun to play spy. XD

otherwise if i'm not, i'm parnoid, but not because of dead ringer, spies in general do that.
 
DR is worthless in my opinion...if it didnt make that loud noise and the cloak lasted a bit longer it may be usefull. Other than that, watch a good pyro against anyone using the DR...that spy is dead easy.
 
DR is worthless in my opinion...if it didnt make that loud noise and the cloak lasted a bit longer it may be usefull. Other than that, watch a good pyro against anyone using the DR...that spy is dead easy.

yeah I agree with you on the DR being useless, but since when has something like that stopped people? People will always use it and I will still be paranoid until something happens that makes me "un-paranoid."
 
DR is worthless in my opinion...if it didnt make that loud noise and the cloak lasted a bit longer it may be usefull. Other than that, watch a good pyro against anyone using the DR...that spy is dead easy.
I once saw a spy with a dead ringer caught between 2 pyros, needless to say I couldn't stop laughing. ;)
 
Yep. I was an engineer the other day, and after killing a spy while randomly spy checking I kept shooting the area in front for almost three minutes.
I hate that thing.
 
Well, I can tell you this, you are expected to be paranoid, it is ours, spies, main weapon.
Yeah, thats right, not backstabs, headshots-across-the-map or sapping, its fear and paranoia.

You will always think: what if he is still alive? OMG SPYCHECK MOAR. you know what? in that time he gets right behind you.

As one of the best spies out there I don't fear it myself as I know all the tricks a spy can throw at me when I play any class.
 
I'll let you folks in on a little secret...



If a spy using the dead ringer fakes his death, he doesn't drop a weapon. Weapons are only dropped on actual kills.



So, no weapon on death = dead ringer spy = kill him again, just listen for the horrible loud noise.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top