eGO Free Agent Theory.

Great convo everyone. I appreciate all the views expressed here.

We've grown because we have a winning formula and a great team. That growth leads to change. Houses were a needed change in order for everyone to get the personal attention they need and for the Council to be able to manage the large roster.

I encourage everyone to join a house. This will help you learn to admin, make friends, scrim and move through the ranks. If you want to FA, that's your call. It makes it harder for some to get noticed, but we're still proud to call you clan-mates.

There is something for everyone here.
 
Of course we won't ignore and treat others as traitors. lol.

Your 2nd point is why I slapped it on for awhile. I joined [JONES] because I found myself having a bit more time for scrims, and a bit closer community than as a general whole.

Now, whether or not to slap on [FA] can mean different things. Those who have no house or [FA] might not know much about the houses yet, or explained what [FA] is yet. Maybe it should be thrown in.
 
I thought the point of houses (besides friendly rivalry) was to have mini-training camps to create excellent admins..
 
Well said, Artimus. I, too, encourage everyone who wants to hugely participate in everything eGO to join a house. It's competitive, and you're right, individual attention is easier to get. We're not here to empty houses, just take in the stragglers.

What I gathered from you, Art, is that there will be advancement opportunity in FA. I'd also like you to consider scrims.

Other than that, we're just happy being part of the eGO family fraggin when we get some free time.

Z
 
man nick, i've never heard you talk like that...not even the reason you told me when you first threw the FA tag on
 
I think there should be a FA rooster and all you do is put down your name THATS IT NOTHING ELSE just so every one knows who is a FA and don’t want to join a house all they do is in a forum or something that’s not private and put down there name and that’s it and walk away so say rouge sniper puts his name down that means he doesn’t want a house just leave him alone and so basically like this.... NO TAG FOR FA, NO HOUSE FOR FA, and NO PRIVET FOR FA, NOTHING ...... just a roster to know if they never want a hose to join or not and as for privileges let them have a chance to get promoted based on activity in game/on forms and there maturity level in every aspect and what they do for the clan I know that some just join eGO just to have fun and say hey look don’t be gay and nothing bad happens more often then not if there is an =(e)= in game less stuff happens so GIVE them a change and let them be FA just give them a roster and if there on the rooster they have a chance at a promotion if not they don’t well that’s all I have to say I know some of of repeats what I said sorry about that
 
I just have to say that this is a great thread...lots of great views.

I have to support FA and the housing system. The housing system is great for =(e)='s who want to be recognized and promoted. They SHOULD join a house, so that we can weed out all the =(e)='s that are either inactive or too immature. =(e)='s should not be able to wear an FA tag.

I really like the points that Z made which is the reason I suggested to my husband to join FA. He was in a house but was "let go" from the house due to inactivity for a couple of weeks. Which brings up the first point Z made. Life does get in the way and in my husbands case, his work for a school district goes beyond an 8-4, he comes home from work and usually has to stay up til midnight trying to keep up with his deadlines. And on top of that, the Air Force Reserves. He also had to play out Halo 3 but he hasn't been on it for awhile. One of the reasons we joined eGO was that we didn't feel obligated to play all the time. Unlike my husband, I have the time to go on which is why I'm able to participate in a house (JONES FTW!). Just to let you know, there are no hard feelings. I'm just glad that there is a way of letting everyone know that you will remain without a house by using the FA tag.

Let =(eG)='s and =(eGO)='s who don't have the time to put into a house or enjoy the freedom of being without a house be an FA. Regardless of what tag they wear at the end of their names, they are still great admins, players, and people.

Regarding having a roster for FA's, I think is a good idea. There are still some =(eGO)='s out there who are without a house, either because they haven't been to the forums to sign up for a house or they choose not to. Letting them put up an FA tag will help distinguish them so that they won't be asked to join a house everytime they go on.

For scrims, I don't think it's a bad idea to ask FA's as back up's if a house is not able to secure their 16 housemates. If they're ingame, why not? We can just blame them if we lose...haha...j/k! I just think it's better than forfeiting. Plus, it's all in fun, it's just a game!

BTW, FA is not homeless...eGO is their home! =)
 
That is actually a really good idea LadyLuck. There will be times where one team will not be able to fill up their side with 16 people so thats when the FAs should be allowed to participate in the scrim and help out whichever side needs more people (if not both sides). Would this be possible?
 
i would have to sya one thing right now IF YOU ARE I A HOUSE AT THIS TIME YOU CANNOT LEAVE TO BECOME A FA and i think all will agree
 
I dont think so, I think anyone should have the ability to leave a house. Its in the house rules that any member can leave a House one time and one time only. So if someone decides to become a free agent they can not come back if they have second thoughts.
 
I'd like to thank everyone for their responses to this issue. I think all the expressed views are great. Lady Luck, I think you hit the nail on the head. We're eGO. And eGO is family.

As for not being able to leave a house to become a FA. I disagree. This is an open and welcome community. If a house isn't for you, then you shouldn't be made to join one. Though I do encourage those who want highly active participation in the clan, to join a house. They are a great system. You just can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

The FA tag is open to anyone, as it it not a house, or a religion to live by, just a little taste of limbo for those of us who think it's comfy.


Thanks again to those who support us. And a very sincere thank you for those who don't, for posting your views and reasons why. I'm sure we can all come to an agreement that satisfies most parties on this subject.

=(eGO)= Z [FA]
 
Well, maybe I can shed some light on this issue.

I wanted to join the Sewer Ratz. I did for a bit. I tend to play Kalt more than the other servers and I fit in nicely with the Ratz.

But...I don't have the time to devote to them. I can't help the recruit, I didn't even have time to read the Ratz forums. So, I did the most evil thing a Clanmate could do :( ..... I went AFK on them.

Sorry fellas :(

I know there are alot of our clanmates in the same boat. People who can only play a couple of hours a week and not on a set schedule. I was in Texas last week for 10 days and should be leaving for Cambodia for a week on Saturday.

Anyway, I guess Free Agent would be the best way to describe my playing style.

Everyone agrees that the houses are a smash hit. They are more than any of us originally thought they would be. They are going to continue to be the best way to find a place and learn the eGO way to admin. They are and will continue to be the way to the future.

But there has to be a place for guys like me who can't devote the time, or is into the gaming side of the clan and not much else.

Everyone can have input in the clan. Thats what the forums are: a way to have input in the clan. Being a Free Agent does not mean you are left out in the cold, but it does make it harder to get noticed for promotions and maybe a little harder to have your voice heard.
 
as a so called "free agent" just leave the "FA's" alone, let'em be
its a choice, just like voting, eating, sleeping, its up to YOU, no one else
 
We're already on the roster :)

I'm eGO
Rouge is eG
Moe is eGO
Lucky Shot is eGO

sorry if I missed anyone

That's all the roster I need. If the council wants to keep track of us and make a list, I'd be happy to sign it.

Z
 
At this time we don't have a house roster, or "rooster" as someone above typo'd (so funny), we only have the master roster, which is hard enough to maintain.

The FA idea is a go. I'll update the START HERE thread in JohnT's Recruiting forum.

To clarify:

You CAN leave a house to become FA, but don't expect to be automatically welcomed back. That's up to the house leadership to decide.

You MAY be asked to play for a house in a scrim when players are needed. If you constantly play for a certain house, you will be expect to join that house.

By wearing the FA tag you acknowledge that it may be harder to be recognized for promotions and medals.
 
I agree with this idea and am now happy that our idea has been recognized by everyone, id like to thank Ziet for his great thread about our FA idea and to Z for making it happen.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top