Jail: Easy games and ways not to waste time

Frazar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
3,475
http://edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1049132#post1049132 <--- Frap's good post on what not to do

Ok ladies and gentlemen it has come to my attention that Jail has a few time issues that need to be addressed. There are some very simple ways to cut down on time easily and conveniently.

Trivia
ONE ROUND!!! That is all you need. Tell the T's at 5:15 to leave their cells and get to an easy and secure location. ( in my experience facing the cells is always good... but after 15 seconds have them shift walk towards the cage, line, wall, etc.) NEVER PERFORM A TRIVIA WHEN THEY ARE FACING THEIR CELLS. Let me explain why. It takes freaking forever for them to be seen when they answer the question right. Then they have to actually shift walk to the outside and then they are expected to jump and stab the T. This wastes sooooo much time. So please have the T's make their way to the cage, or any other form of a cage, and have them do trivia there. Also, do 1 game of trivia that will kill off about 5-7 T's... doing more than 7 is just unfair and impractical.

You are the warden... Keep yourself protected
This is pretty much the most important thing about Jail... keeping your ass alive if you are warden. If the warden dies... we run into a whole hell alot of problems. This is known to be the biggest time waster and it can be easily avoided if you do 1 of many steps:
1) Hide- To be hidden BUT can still see the T's. Talk to them through a window, crate, cage, upper balcony, possibly a cell if they are not near them... anywhere really. Lets take Dev's as an example. If you stay on the upper left hand rooms watching over the cage while the T's face the wall... how often can you die? So just stay out of harms way and be smart!
2) PAY ATTENTION! Watch all T's and fellow CT's if you can. Just because you are warden doesnt mean you need to be Sir Killalot. Dont just focus on the T's heads... watch everything. Gun Plants, Grenade Pick ups... EVERYTHING. This can save your life and make a round go for 4 minutes max.
3) Never take the T's to a small confined room... this pretty much speaks for itself.

You have a mic, learn to use it for USEFUL things
This will be brief and demanding. I, FrazarMan, DO NOT want to hear about how intuitive your cat is...Warden has a mic to give ORDERS. If you want to not give orders but still use your mic... then leave.

Highest on Scoreboard isnt everything
Ok... this seems to be the biggest flaw of Jail. This time waster make me so mad i quit. Warden SHOULD NOT have the highest score, in fact warden should be in the relative middle. The reason i say this is because the warden should be thinking of the next move in jail (next game, next to die, next destination... that jazz) and not looking at the T's and praying they mess up. Because as soon as a warden kills an innocent T all hell breaks loose.

Take Turns
Ok this is also another hot issue. TAKE TURNS!!!! This is crap you learned in kindergarden. =(e)='s... I have seen this in you the most. This is a general calling out... so i am not pointing individual fingers. Just because you have the new fresh tag on, and many of you will disagree with you, does NOT mean you get instant warden. Take turns... its about being mature and an adult. Mature.... hmmm isn't that an eGO rule? Yes, yes it is, SO START ACTING LIKE IT. I have lost count of how many rounds starts with e's eG's and sometimes eGO's screaming orders and shunning the pubs. This brings me to my next point

Public Players... respect them more than anything
Public Players (also known as pubs) are about 60+% of jail population. Give them a chance too, stop hogging the warden. I used to sacrifice the warden all the time to someone else because my turn was all used up. Let others take a stab at it. If they do not seem good at first they have to practice to get better right? So please... give the pubs a chance at something. Because this petty arguments in the beginning of matches is REALLY starting to piss me off. I am not one you want to piss off.

Abuse of powers to speed up rounds.
1) Last T's LR is taking to long- So? Its his LR... it can take 40 minutes for all i care. LR can take as long as it wants as long as it's legit. DO NOT KILL LAST T IF LR IS TAKING TO LONG!!!!
2) Las CT... if you are last CT and there are 12 T's alive... DIE LIKE A MAN. You are wasting so much time. Point out your position and die. If you want to try and fight it out, leave and go to Italy. I dont want your crap here.
3) Admin abuses:
(ALL) ADMIN: its getting boring end it
(ALL) ADMIN: someone end this now!!!!!!!!!!!!
(ALL) ADMIN: kill him
=(eG)=™ Meowcenaries killed =(e)=™Zarik with deagle.
This is from a condump about a week ago... i understand you want to speed it up, but this isn't a way to do it. This brings me to my final point

Jail Admin School
Attend it... if you do not attend Jail Admin School then you are telling Rogue, Frap, Cryptex, and I that you are a jail god and will never mess up. I have seen so many people not attend the class, and when they mess up they give this lame-ass excuse
"Oh sorry, I didnt know we couldn't do that"
Oh course you didn't, it is because you didn't attend a simple 1 hour class that can teach you everything you need to know. Another excuse I love is
"I don't have the time to attend that class... the Q/A is too long"
You dont have to stay for the Q/A... plus it takes 30 more minutes. I have seen eGO's say this to me and then see them sit through a TF2/CSS/CoD/INS/DOD/eGO meeting for 3+ hours... so I dont need your lame excuses anymore. You are big kids... start making big kid decisions. If you dont like attending the class or dont want to... dont play jail. Simple as that.
 
Wow, jail seems fun.

Lol, that sounded weird, anyway, I'm used to de_dust2 and the Office maps, I might try out this one.
 
Good thread. PERFECT guide for keeping jail in order and making sure its under control.
 
If only CSS would stop having engine errors, I could try it out. ^^
 
IMO, Fraps post and this one should be added together instead of seperate then add it somewhat to the official jail server rules perhaps if possible or an sticky with these kind of things.
 
Why would you wanna sit there for 40 minutes... sorry but if hes taking that long im killing him.
 
jail is not that serious, just rebel as a t and give orders as ct that dont force kill t. BAM done
 
If you have a problem with whats going on with the Jail server you should send a pm to Rouge Sniper. Hes the man in charge of Jail and if theirs issues he should be dealing with them. Complaints in the forums will not solve anything.
 
http://edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1049132#post1049132
Highest on Scoreboard isnt everything
Ok... this seems to be the biggest flaw of Jail. This time waster make me so mad i quit. Warden SHOULD NOT have the highest score, in fact warden should be in the relative middle. The reason i say this is because the warden should be thinking of the next move in jail (next game, next to die, next destination... that jazz) and not looking at the T's and praying they mess up. Because as soon as a warden kills an innocent T all hell breaks loose.

I think this piece of advice is THE MOST important. Warden's should be thinking about how to use their fellow CTs and give the Ts a fun time, NOT trying to increase their own score. The best wardens I have seen enable their fellow CTs to carry out orders while making sure that everything stays under control when they need to.

Remeber: Clear, consistent orders makes things much more enjoyable for BOTH teams.
 
I think there should be a rule that all cts MUST have a mic. I have seen 1 person with a mic and the other like 15 cts do not have a mic. I am tired of this. If this happens when I am on ct, I just consider myself dead.
 
Front Page material if this was CS:S based website. Still, Should be a sticky along with Fraps. So sad how we have to have these threads because people waste SOOOOO much time on Trivia.
 
I think there should be a rule that all cts MUST have a mic. I have seen 1 person with a mic and the other like 15 cts do not have a mic. I am tired of this. If this happens when I am on ct, I just consider myself dead.

we used to have that... but mic checks took up so much time.
Its better this way
 

Latest posts

Back
Top