Spy Scripts.

EffeKtioNz

Thread Junky
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
830
Does anyone in the TF2 division use a spy script, maybe one that auto redisgueses after a backstab or somthing like that. Im just wondering because these sentries are killing me! :facewall: but yeah if anyone use's one could I please have the link and I'll check them out.
 
Stab and sap and you wont get pwnd by the sentries.

Or sap and then stab. Whatever you prefer.

I dont use any scripts. Also pressing (on default) B will redisguise.
 
And that is exactly why I love Skillringer, you can basically do a "suicide" stab infront of a sentry, stab and then immediately Dead Ringer, makes for some fun times for sure :D.
 
Keep in mind that an auto redisguise script brings disadvantages, too. If you stab someone and then want to run away cloaked the script already started to disguise you. That means the enemy will see the smoke around you and be able to shoot or even kill you. So much for acting undercover...

Redisguising in front of a sentry won't help you anyway, it will still target you and attack you. Only by breaking line of sight (running around a corner, behind cover or by using cloak effectively) you can disguise and come back to sap it.


-Calle
 
I pretty much just have my knife and sapper on quick switches so I can either stab and sap or sap and stab real fast...It usually works unless you are standing directly in front of the sentry while doing it...
 
like calle said an auto disguise scipt would hurt you more then it would help you. as for other scripts i though the only script that was VERY helpful was the now dead pistol script
 
Personally I only used scripts when I first started playing spy. Now its become a part of me, kinda like reflexes. Its easy to stab and sap, if you do it the other way you run the chance of the engi turning around and getting a krit wrench in the face. Instead take advantage of your surroundings, position your self by a wall blocking the sentry, but able to keep an eye on the engi and pull out your ambassador and head shot that engi...then walk up the the sentry and sap it. Just takes alot of practice, at times I still die from stab and sap...but I take that pesky sentry out with me.
 
Keep in mind that an auto redisguise script brings disadvantages, too. If you stab someone and then want to run away cloaked the script already started to disguise you. That means the enemy will see the smoke around you and be able to shoot or even kill you. So much for acting undercover...

Redisguising in front of a sentry won't help you anyway, it will still target you and attack you. Only by breaking line of sight (running around a corner, behind cover or by using cloak effectively) you can disguise and come back to sap it.


-Calle

+1 with this.

Also if you have more than 1 person and you stab and cloak. And the other guy you want to kill he can kill you. So kinda pointless.
 
Keep in mind that an auto redisguise script brings disadvantages, too. If you stab someone and then want to run away cloaked the script already started to disguise you. That means the enemy will see the smoke around you and be able to shoot or even kill you. So much for acting undercover...

Yeah that's an issue since the redisguise takes longer than cloaking
 
My feeling is that if you aren't capable of doing it yourself, you shouldn't use a script for it. I know most people disagree, but I think scripts are pretty weak. Autosap is the weakest. Redisguise isn't that bad, but as other have said - it doesn't work that well.
 
Stab and sap and you wont get pwnd by the sentries.

Or sap and then stab. Whatever you prefer.

I dont use any scripts. Also pressing (on default) B will redisguise.

i dont use scripts either, if a person really knows what there doing, they dont need scripts. While useful, id rather play the game the way it was supposed to be played.
 
The best thing that I did was setup a binding to enable the number pad. Now I can cloak again quickly because I take my hand of the mouse and pull up my cigarette case with my left hand and choose the disguise with my right hand. Also . is set to toggle the team selection. SUPER fast.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top