CHARLIE server

TAZ {CANADA}

Famous
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
499
Hi all just a quick question, hopefully someone can give me a quick fix.

When I play on any other eGO server all is good, but for some reason when I play on the CHARLIE server all of a sudden I get shut down. Some days it will let me play for an hour other days longer. And sometimes like today, I get on just about to pick my class and bam shutdown. It isn't anything to do with someone booting me off or anything. I just don't understand why that one eGO server would be doing that if its my computer acting up. Any suggestions on how to fix that or you need more clarification on it??

Thanks for reading it at least

TAZ

P.S wow that doesn't look like a quick question :P
 
Well I played again got about Ten mins of play time and I got a message (sometimes I get other messages)

this one was...
Disconnect Client Timed Out

the other one is Window saying closing program (when I get that I will write it down)
 
Wouldnt you know it, I tried getting back into Charlie Server got shutdown and the Windows pops up

its says...
hl2.exe has stopped working
check online solution and close program
or
close program

I hope someone has a quick fix for me


TAZ
 
You can try disabling Steam Community. Go to Steam, file, settings, In-Game, and un-tick
"Enable Steam Community In-Game"
 
Do you have any skin packs or other mods installed? I had this issue previously and it was due to skins.
 
My internet is fine, it would have booted me out of other servers I play on (which is not the case).

I do not have any skins or mods


As for the community thing I guess I can turn that off, and see how that goes.
But I have a feeling that can't be the problem.

Thanks for the ideas guys, hopefully it fixes itself lol


TAZ
 
Im going to try to contribute. You probably have the download set to nothing. In the Multiplayer tab in Options, it should give you a couple options on downloading, you most likely have "Do not download anything" set, try setting it to Downloading everything except for music files, and if that doesn't work, set it to download everything.
 
i get that 1 in awhile and i just reboot my computer and reboot my internet box and it works fine after that so i say try that lol.
 
Hi thanks guys

To the Colonel... I have it set for Allow all files to be downloaded

I think Blasph might have the ticket. I believe its my computer and if it does shut me down again I will do a reboot and see how that goes.

Thanks all

TAZ
 
I would doubt Charlie itself is the problem, I remember a while ago when I always got kicked out of Flash and Kalt, because they share the same box the same thing happened to me in both, but the rest of the servers were fine, but I'm not sure if strand shares a box with any other server...
 
I would doubt Charlie itself is the problem, I remember a while ago when I always got kicked out of Flash and Kalt, because they share the same box the same thing happened to me in both, but the rest of the servers were fine, but I'm not sure if strand shares a box with any other server...

Charlie appears to share the same box as at least Flash and Kalt.
 
What is your computer specs? Strand might be causing your computer to overheat, which will make your computer shut down.



Just throwing that out there.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top