- Joined
- Jun 30, 2009
- Messages
- 622
Greetings pals
I havent finished the menu background i posted a preview of the other day yet, but I decided, for some reason, to make a 'green screen' map for TF2 for the purpose of grabbing quick and easy renders of game characters for images/videos... One of the concepts I decided to put into practice with this map was a ring of 32 soldiers in a circle, firing their rockets simultaneously: one straight up in the air, one up at roughly a 60? angle, and one straight ahead at eye level... Here's 2 renditions of the straight away shot at eye level
Now, these arent necessarily done yet, but I will be releasing final copies in the Art section of the forums when I finish them and the other few images I have in the works, both as wallpapers and I will provide links for a package of TF2 menu backgrounds of the same images, along with my own custom menu list .res file which has custom font and items in addition to the standard menu items (find server, create server, etc)
Hope you guys like 'em, and I'll be posting that wallpaper/background thread in the next few days.
Also, if anyone wishes, I can post the green screen images Im using or the green screen map itself if others wish to try and do something similar, or if you dont know how to remove backgrounds from images then i can post a .png render of an image if you want to try using it yourself.
All the best,
Beav
I havent finished the menu background i posted a preview of the other day yet, but I decided, for some reason, to make a 'green screen' map for TF2 for the purpose of grabbing quick and easy renders of game characters for images/videos... One of the concepts I decided to put into practice with this map was a ring of 32 soldiers in a circle, firing their rockets simultaneously: one straight up in the air, one up at roughly a 60? angle, and one straight ahead at eye level... Here's 2 renditions of the straight away shot at eye level
Now, these arent necessarily done yet, but I will be releasing final copies in the Art section of the forums when I finish them and the other few images I have in the works, both as wallpapers and I will provide links for a package of TF2 menu backgrounds of the same images, along with my own custom menu list .res file which has custom font and items in addition to the standard menu items (find server, create server, etc)
Hope you guys like 'em, and I'll be posting that wallpaper/background thread in the next few days.
Also, if anyone wishes, I can post the green screen images Im using or the green screen map itself if others wish to try and do something similar, or if you dont know how to remove backgrounds from images then i can post a .png render of an image if you want to try using it yourself.
All the best,
Beav















They look awesome!







