Medic

dont type it ALL CAPS, you can type it either like medic or !medic, team chat or all chat, either way

your health must be under 25
 
omg i hate it when you type medic in and it says you have to be below 25 health in order to use it and you got like 26 health...
 
omg i hate it when you type medic in and it says you have to be below 25 health in order to use it and you got like 26 health...

Either jump off of a ledge or out of a window; or find some find and sit in it for a few seconds.

:cool:
 
I find binding this command much easier...

bind "i" "say !medic"

copy and paste this into your console (quotes and all) to save the downtime of typing... you can replace the "i" with any key on your keyboard.... but remember to check your keyboard tab in your options to make sure you don't override an existing bind... I hate when I'm shot while typing :P
 
BINDS !!!! BLASPHEMY

DoD is a tactical game that requires team work. Plus, it is based on Word War II! I always type out !medic, it adds a feel of realism to the game for me.

But,

that's just me.
 
I find binding this command much easier...

bind "i" "say !medic"

copy and paste this into your console (quotes and all) to save the downtime of typing... you can replace the "i" with any key on your keyboard.... but remember to check your keyboard tab in your options to make sure you don't override an existing bind... I hate when I'm shot while typing :P

How would I bind that to my mouse button 5?
 
How would I bind that to my mouse button 5?

Well "aknightwhosezni.." a believe has the right idea, so much easier to just press a key to heal yourself.

As for you Putty I think its
bind "mouse 5" "say !medic" (copy and paste if you can)
but I am only guessing at that. Try it if no one else comes to your aid :)


TAZ
 
BINDS !!!! BLASPHEMY

DoD is a tactical game that requires team work. Plus, it is based on Word War II! I always type out !medic, it adds a feel of realism to the game for me.

But,

that's just me.


Why not type all of the commands like strafe, right, left, fire weapon, etc?

Purists plays the game via command line anyway... psh

who needs a mouse?






I love you feather... don't hurt me
 
How would I bind that to my mouse button 5?

You will need to find what your mouse 5 button does in the game when you press it. My mouse button is kp_del. To find this out go to your options ingame, in the keyboard section pick an action. Click edit, then when you are going to set what key to use click your mouse 5. This should tell you what the game thinks that button does.
Now click cancel. That way you dont really change that key. Go in game, open your console, type the following:
bind whatever button 5 does "say_team medic"
ex... bind kp_del "say_team medic"
If this dont work you will have to open your mouse options on your computer and set button 5 to a specific operation. Then you will know what it will do ingame. If you need further help on the issue you can find me in Ventrillo later in the evening centeral time.

If you choose to jump out a window or off a ledge, make sure its not too far that it kills you.
 
Last edited:
Thank you for your informative reply, I truely appreciate it. Hope to see you in the game soon.


omg i hate it when you type medic in and it says you have to be below 25 health in order to use it and you got like 26 health...
Thank you for your informative reply, I truely appreciate it. Hope to see you in the game soon.
 
medic

Thank you for your informative reply, I truely appreciate it. Hope to see you in the game soon.


BINDS !!!! BLASPHEMY

DoD is a tactical game that requires team work. Plus, it is based on Word War II! I always type out !medic, it adds a feel of realism to the game for me.

But,

that's just me.
 
I know what you mean, this was my first time using this forum, I didn't realize it would repeat each reply seporately.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top