Map Making?

bLu3-St33L

Poster
=(e)=
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
215
So, I have Source SDK, and Im working on my first ever CSS map on Hammer Editor.

Maybe if I do good enough, It can make it into one of the eGO servers, haha.
 
haha, have fun with that.. i tried once but totaly FAILEDD!!!!
map making is not for me lol

good luck :D
 
Last edited:
Funny thing i failed hard too xD would need a good tutorial to get something out of it:cursing:
 
lol yeah i tried to follow a guide but got lost real quick haha

not good -_-
 
Last edited:
There are a lot of resources available for you to learn from. I found reading tutorials, especially at the beginning to be not as help as video tutorials. Youtube has a bunch, I really like Phillips Tutorials and VAAMaps. Check out Phillips first.

There is a sticky at the top of the forums which has many resources available to you. After you watch some videos and read some tutorials I found two sites to be incredibly helpful. The first is the Valve Wiki the second is the Interlopers Website. I hope that helps.
 
Well the map making is now a team effort by Bumble-Bee and myself, we are making a new highschool map, of course, after the highschool we just graduated from, it's going to be hard, but fun all at the same time. Thanks for all of your help!
 
If your learning to map, start small and expand, working on large projects when your new will fail, it takes time and effort to map, also working in groups to map is always a problem as you will always end up arguing over who is doing what and will have so so so many problems with showing each other what your doing each.
 
huh, small world... I just started today... Atm im working on learning to map for l4d, but seeing as CSS uses the hammer editor as well it shouldn't be too much of a hassel to switch to CSS once i learn on l4d! Im super pumped, and atm its turning out fairly decent... Not that i've done enough to make a judgement, its way too early lol.
 
Is it really? I figured that they both use hammer editor D: I think someone told me they did? How are they different?
 
Is it really? I figured that they both use hammer editor D: I think someone told me they did? How are they different?

There is a lot more AI work you have to do in L4D where unless your trying to make a map that bots and hosties can pro play you dont have to worry about it.
 
yeah i figured that, but is the basic level building aspect the same? or at least similar? Or is it drastically different?
 
I wouldn't recommend making it exactly like your highschool. It could land you in a world of trouble if it was miss-understood by the wrong people.
 
Very true, i heard that some kids got in ALOT of trouble for the exact same reason. Police claimed it was essentially a bomb threat since u had to "bomb" the school ingame
 
Making a basic map isn't hard, it's the entities that will take time to learn.
 
So I've discovered all the fuss about a map after a school after searching it on Google, personally I find it stupid that parents would complain about it and they would see it as a virtual bomb threat, it's only a game. So, Ill just alter a few spots here and there so it's not my old school.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top