Shadow's Tech Support

I would love to join this team. I am very computer savvy.
Have worked for small PC repair bussiness, Circuit City's FireDog, Best Buy's Geek Squad and my city's school system tech for on-site repair. Hardware and software proficient. (More inclined to software.)
I love TeamViewer and CrossLoop.
 
I would like to join the team, as well I sent you a PM like 3 weeks ago no answer though..
 
Sorry we're not currently actively looking for new members, but send me a resume of your experience and I may make an exception. As a side note, you MUST be active if you are accepted. Inactivity will result in loss of position.
 
I think I missed the congratulations before, but we are pleased to welcome Stick and iOprah to the team.

And it's a while overdue, but welcome Duce also.

Check the first post for the current members of the team.

From me: Thanks guys, I appreciate all of your help and expertise. I'm glad that we have a handful of experienced members who are willing to take time out of their day in order to help out those who are having problems.
 
I have an interesting laptop issue for you guys lets test your metal.

My sisters Acer (il find out model later) is running vista HP i think and has recently developed some less than useful problems.

she has office 2007 the most recent version of open office and in nether program is she able to save any document as the application crashes out when she tries to.

I will try to get some screen shots but she is at uni. so not at home for me to tinker, if you have any suggestions other than reformatting I'm all ears.

thanks ice
 
reinstall didn't help at all, i did have an image but it seems to have become corrupted, il try get another one later.
 
Last edited:
That sounds a lot to me like a registry hiccup.

Solution: Uninstall the program, clear the registry entries that are left over, then reinstall. If you are uncomfortable digging through the registry, let us know. The team will be MORE than happy to remote into your machine and clear it out for you!

Another possibility would be a permissions issue. The machine in question may have suddenly lost its right to write! (Funny sounding, eh?) Vista has a NASTY habit of suddenly telling programs that they aren't allowed to use basic functions. This is most likely not your issue, however, I would be remiss in my duty as a 'Techie' not to mention this as a possibility.

In either case, you need to use our online tech chat and Team Viewer's remote system so that we may snoop around your machine and fix your errors! This will alleviate the need for screen shots, error codes, guessing, etc. ;) The links required can be found in support staff's signatures as well as the primary post in this thread.

I hope this helps you! If there is anything else that you need, hesitate not!
 
I dug around a little and it seems that it's a known issue. Try this hotfix from Microsoft and see if it doesn't resolve your issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942146

It appears that the issue was resolved in Vista SP1, so if the laptop does not have SP1 yet, I would suggest installing it.
 
I have a problem with my css ,and wondering if you can assist me. All my other games work , tf2,ins, ect . But Css . I load it and automatically closes. I have windows Vista , a laptop, and my drivers are up to date. Any help or suggestions ? Thanks

Also , sorry to bother , any good virus cleaners i can download ? By not spending money , but can get rid of viruses ?

Thanks
-Jackie
 
I have a problem with my css ,and wondering if you can assist me. All my other games work , tf2,ins, ect . But Css . I load it and automatically closes. I have windows Vista , a laptop, and my drivers are up to date. Any help or suggestions ? Thanks

Also , sorry to bother , any good virus cleaners i can download ? By not spending money , but can get rid of viruses ?

Thanks
-Jackie

For your first problem I'd suggest you jump into our chat as it'd be easier to troubleshoot your problem that way.

As for free virus cleaners I'd suggest Avast.
www.avast.com
 
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know, especially the current tech reps, that I'll be gone for the next 6 weeks TDY. I got notice on Wednesday that I'll be leaving Sunday X_X. So I'll be away from my computer during that time. I'll probably check the forums once in a while, but I won't be in chat to assist.

I apologize in advance, but I feel confident that the current reps can easily handle anything you guys throw at them.

Anyways, take it easy everyone!

-Shadow
 
One thing I was going to suggest is an AV not listed in your post. Nod32. Nod32 is as good as all of the AVs listed in your first post, but it uses WAY less system resources. With nod you can being doing a scan and play a game without any noticable differences.
 
One thing I was going to suggest is an AV not listed in your post. Nod32. Nod32 is as good as all of the AVs listed in your first post, but it uses WAY less system resources. With nod you can being doing a scan and play a game without any noticable differences.

Definitely good to know. I'm currently just putting together a list of free programs for general consumption.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top