Donations Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
donate1.png


<div style="width: 500px; text-align: center" align="center">Weeks ago we posted an article here in the news that stated we were going to take a break from asking for donations because of some complaints about constant fundraising. We followed through with our promise.... and now eGO is broke.

There are about ten members who donate regularly. We rely on them and appreciate their dedication to eGO, but now it's time for everyone else to do some soul-searching and decide how much EdgeGamers is worth to you. What is it worth to keep our servers, stats, website and Ventrilo running?

Here's a breakdown of what it costs to keep us operating every month:

Servers: $2230
Website: $30
Ventrilo: $100
Legal: $200 (This monthly expense will end in about 6 months)

So, consider these costs, and please do what you can to help us continue to provide our punk-free safe zones to the world.

You can donate using the PayPal link located on the left of the site. For those of you with PayPal accounts, please send your donation as a "Gift" from the "Personal" tab to avoid fees.

Cash, checks and money orders can be mailed to the address in that same box on the left.

Another way to help eGO is to purchase items from the CafePress store located here.

Also, we still have some t-shirts in small and 3XL - 5XL sizes. Images of your clanmates in eGO black can be seen here.

Get these for a reduced donation of $20 for U.S. shipping and $30 outside of the U.S. The following form must be included with your donation:

1. T-shirt size:
2. In-Game/forum name:
3. Real name:
4. Street address, city, state, zip code:
5. Telephone number:

So, do what you can. Donations of all sizes help.</div>​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to help, But Im currently broke. I love eGO to death, And WILL donate in the future. Which, Will be most likely next summer, Sadly.
 
I donated a few days ago, I know it costs a lot to keep all this stuff going. I will make monthly contributions when I can.

I kinda agree, but if you want to cut some costs in the long run without losing servers, I'd say build/buy a couple computers and use them to host dedicated servers. No charge but you have to leave them on all the time. Just a suggestion.

There would be a charge, you would need a pretty good build to run a server comparable to what is being paid for not to mention you would need hella fast up speeds. I'm pretty sure the companies that run servers don't use T1 or T3 lines more like OC3 and up.

I wouldn't put a production server behind anything lower than a dedicated 1.5mb/s up line

my .02
 
I'll give my dad some money for him to donate to you guys, hopefully by the end of the month. That's about 25-30$. Allowence is big for meh
 
i want to donate so bad! but i have no way of donating unless i get one of those pre-paid credit card thingys. Can i send some cash or something via mail?

If you have a bank, you can register your account with paypal and send money like a credit card.

- I will be donating once I get out of my foxhole, even though I retired as admin I still love eGO and donating helps, when I'm out I will cut 20 percent out of my pay check for eGO and thats a promise!
 
How much of the Cafe press stuff goes to eGO.

I am going to donate but would a $25 donation work better with a direct donation or purchasing some stuff?
 
The price of a college student w/ no income...


I wish I could help, but I'm living on "donations" as it is. :(
 
Hmm, I'll donate $20-30 in a month or two, I'm pretty much broke now and spent my last $30 to buy L4D2. I did not realize that the cost of running servers was so high. Anyway, I'll donate in a couple months.
 
Donating 20 bucks to eGO and getting a sweet shirt...win win (I'll maill cash asap I got no paypal account I'll try to make a habit of atleast 20 bucks a month :) )
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top