Donations Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
donate1.png


<div style="width: 500px; text-align: center" align="center">Weeks ago we posted an article here in the news that stated we were going to take a break from asking for donations because of some complaints about constant fundraising. We followed through with our promise.... and now eGO is broke.

There are about ten members who donate regularly. We rely on them and appreciate their dedication to eGO, but now it's time for everyone else to do some soul-searching and decide how much EdgeGamers is worth to you. What is it worth to keep our servers, stats, website and Ventrilo running?

Here's a breakdown of what it costs to keep us operating every month:

Servers: $2230
Website: $30
Ventrilo: $100
Legal: $200 (This monthly expense will end in about 6 months)

So, consider these costs, and please do what you can to help us continue to provide our punk-free safe zones to the world.

You can donate using the PayPal link located on the left of the site. For those of you with PayPal accounts, please send your donation as a "Gift" from the "Personal" tab to avoid fees.

Cash, checks and money orders can be mailed to the address in that same box on the left.

Another way to help eGO is to purchase items from the CafePress store located here.

Also, we still have some t-shirts in small and 3XL - 5XL sizes. Images of your clanmates in eGO black can be seen here.

Get these for a reduced donation of $20 for U.S. shipping and $30 outside of the U.S. The following form must be included with your donation:

1. T-shirt size:
2. In-Game/forum name:
3. Real name:
4. Street address, city, state, zip code:
5. Telephone number:

So, do what you can. Donations of all sizes help.</div>​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I feel bad to say this, but i really believe you need to be removed from eGO, plain and simple. I respect your opinion and all, but this is eGO, and they pay for this site, the servers, and everything else we use for FREE. Why would you join if you have such feelings towards eGO?

"And If this clan isnt for profit? Why is it .com istead of .org?"

It is .org, do you even have a clue to the url bar on your browser? Look at it sometime. People like you do not deserve the honor it is to wear the eGO tags.

-Stickyfinger


Well said, Stickyfinger. I don't think he has a clue about how things are around here, especially since he got the .org wrong. The reason we got rid of a bunch of servers at the end of the summer was to keep eGO from going into the red. We need to band together and help eGO survive.
 
once my mom gets through this divorce i will be able to donate easily! till then ima find a way to donate!
 
Well, i just got a new house. So i got a job to help my parents pay the loan from the bank. Like all of my pay checks go to them. So as soon as we are doing better, i will send in more donations
 
will edgegamers be disbaned if we dont get enough money?

I doubt that. If anything, it'll be like what really happens when we buy stuff we can't afford. If you ask me, a downsize wouldn't be bad. I miss the old(er) days of fewer servers and a tighter community.
 
i gived what i can this month i just came to the clan and im sad to learn that ego have money problem.I will do what i can when i can . lets get together guys cause ego rocks:):)
 
If the clan needs about $2700, and only gets $1800.. Where does the rest come from? Artimus and JohnT

Are you going to send everyone their money back? Any extra money at the end of the month goes to the following month's expenses.

The main question is, Does ego really need it. There are t-shirts With patches of all these sponsors. Why do you need are money? Verizon gave us a small amount of money that helped to buy shirts with their name on the back. All other sponsors give us gear, which costs money to get shipped to us and to you.

And If this clan isnt for profit? Why is it .com istead of .org? We are .org. There is no requirement that .org site be no-profit. EdgeGamers.com was not available 3 years ago.

why is the website regisered in canada? It is?

why is the websites WHOIS idenity protected. So that idiots (need I say who?) don't call me. You can always email me.

How come I cant find an Trademark on e, eGm or eGO in the american trademark files? Try looking them up as a group.

and most importantly, why cant i find eGO under the internation non profit organization list, and if so, what is the tax number so i can clam it on my taxes for my donation? As stated above, we are not a non-profit organization, even though we don't make a profit. Maybe we should look into that ;-). Thanks for the suggestion.

Thank you everyone for the out-pouring of love for eGO! There's been a run on shirts of certain sizes. Here's my current inventory:
5XL 9
4XL 7
3XL 17
XL 1
Small 21
 
Arti,

I have only been a member for two months, but I have donated at the end of each of those months. Am I considered a regular donater?
 
We probably should trim off some small population servers, or host them on someone's comp so we don't pay for what we don't use. Here's the thing, as good of a response as this is getting, everyone who is donating would have to do this EVERY month, and that probably won't happen. Cutting costs is really what has to be done, because paying close to 3k a month is outrageous.
 
When I get paid on the 30th I'll donate! I had no idea my new family was in such need!

You can expect a donation from SiSSY LaLa every other week from now on. I care about family and our gaming will live on!




Plus those CafePress items look SWEET! Hehe. I think I'll get a mouse pad and the baby onesee.....or the trucker hat.........damn choices.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top