Hard Drive SMART Test

crazyrockets

EGO Zealot
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
1,916
Hey everyone

I think my hard drive is going bad and I want to get some evidence so I can get it warrenty-replaced.
Can anyone recommend any good SMART test tools so I can show the support people its results when I am contacting them?

Thank you all in advanced!
 
Most HD manufacturers make a diagnostic tool for their HDs; check the manufacturer's web... if it's a prebuilt computer you may have to open it up and see who the OEM manufacturer is. You could also check the BIOS for the serial number and google that, it'll likely pull up the manufacturer.
 
Thx DeMan, I didn't think of that. The computer is a Dell laptop, and they don't provide anything over the basic diagnostics, but the drive is a Samsung (probably why it is failing so soon) and they have one.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top