new ad_reactor screen shots!

Dragonhill

Thread Junky
=(e)=
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
772
and the fun server now is playing the map!

pass is test

while you can try it out now i will be around for the official test tonite.

not sure of the time yet.


*remember, this is to test the game flow (game play area). i'll be doing all the visual kewl stuff after this,

have fun!

~D
 
more screen shots

also note,

the reactor core is in the center and is protected on 3 sides by the glass shield. the attacking force (blue) must travel to the enemies side and then turn around to shoot the core. The hud CP icons change color as the reactor is damaged. Once all the points turn blue the reactor goes BOOM!.

the reactor WILL heal itself over time. So keep shooting it!

~D
 
ah cool so this is kinda like the onslaught/warfare gametype from ut2004
 
I just tried this map! Its awesome, i think its so much better than the previous version, when i first got in i was looking all around the map for the generators and couldnt find them, then i asked what i had to do :P
 
I gave the map a run around the other night and I love the feel of it. I've discovered two more ways to reach the reactor top (aside from the walkway that conveniently allows for anyone to be there now) I can only imagine what kind of battles will take place up there now.

The map feels a lot better, easier to navigate for sure, but now it almost feels a bit cluttered. With the two tesla towers (I can only assume that's what they area, the towers with balls on top of them) it feels like they don't serve much of a purpose or can be utilized aside for sniper cover.

The walkways leading from the middle spawn exit also kind of clutter the map for me (as a rocket jumping buffoon) since they don't seem to lead anywhere worth going. The upper walkways are a great addition and add more dynamic to the upper area fights. The control room will have more traffic as well, which can lead to some interesting battles.

I mentioned before it would be awesome if there were some focal point where Blu can attack before going to the reactor, this would promote teamwork rather than rambos charging the reactor and doing as much damage as they can by themselves. I would suggest putting a control point on top of the reactor that would control the cover. Either a medium to slow capping one that opens the cover closest to the red spawn or a quick capping one that raises and lowers the entire shield. This would make for frantic fire fights on top of the reactor and keeping teams working together to achieve a goal.

I love having vertical freedom, which is what this map offers plenty of. This is really a dream map for me and I'm very interested in discovering what I can accomplish on it from a movement standpoint.
 
testing time!

we are officially testing the map now!


fun server
pass - test

~D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top