Internet Cable Question

Bonefrag

Forum Fiend
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
730
Everytime I play COD4, I get "connection interrupted" a few times during gameplay. Is this something I can fix on my end, or is this just Comcast's cruddy connection?

Thanks,
 
www.speedtest.net

Post back here what your results:

Ping:
Download:
Upload:

Make sure to select a server close to you, then run a test on the server in Dallas Texas.

Are you connected to the internet by a wireless connection or by a LAN cable? (direct connection into modem)
 
635666066.png

4533259.png
 
Having the same problem again...now it's even worse. And when it does, my ping shoots up to 999 or so and then back down it goes. About every 5 minutes. Not conducive to a good gaming experience. :(
 
Make sure Punkbuster is running.
Make sure the required ports for Call of Duty are forwarded.
If you use a firewall, make an exception for CoD4 AND Punkbuster, or turn off your firewall.

IF you use Steam:
Please visit this thread and forward the required ports in addition to UDP/TCP port 28960.

IF you use a CoD Stand-alone client:
Forward 28960, UDP and TCP.

These solutions should resolve your problem, your connection is a bit slow, but not to cause a lagout to 999 ping, which is indicating a communication problem.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Ric, I'll have to figure out how to forward to another port and I'll double-check the firewall settings. You rock. I have stand-alone client, not thru Steam.

Thanks!
 
If you can give me the name and version of your router, assuming you use one, I can look up how to forward ports for that specific module.

This kind of information can be found on the bottom of the router, usually.

Anytime, I love to help people. :)
 
I've got a Netgear...I'm not at home now so I'll get that info to you later if I can't figure it out myself. Thanks again Ric!
 
Roger that, Commander.

If I don't reply to this thread in a timely manner, please leave a note on my profile for me to do so. I have a tendency of not checking threads, haha.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top