- Joined
- May 13, 2009
- Messages
- 5,332
hahahaha...
:glare:
This is one of the main reasons why I think Blackmesa sucks, bottlenecks. Camping the spawn doors or camping outside the middle doors from the rafters above the vents so that hardly anyone has a chance of reaching and killing you, it's just lame.
The game is about having fun, but it's hardly fun for others having to put up with people using sissy, strong-arm tactics like the ones Mesa promotes. I love the look of the map for the most part, but, for me, certain parts of the design too greatly add to a lack of balance between classes and ruin the gameplay. A few small changes to the spawn areas and one or 2 other places and it'd be a near perfect map. But, that happening, so I'll stick to playing more balanced stock maps.
Hmmm... I'm not really a fan of any of those either, except Egypt... Egypt doesn't really offer any one class a clear advantage, and with the exception of the one stage's spawn exit there's really no definite strong-arming.
Defense gets exponentially easier as stages go on. And those maps I listed are a majority of the official maps, so your list of stock maps that don't fall under this category is small.


i'd rather kill kill kill than cap point after point
This is why they put the vents on top of the spawn door. All you had to do was get a demo in the vent above their camp and it was over. But the red team was too busy winning to do that. Lol. It is nonetheless impressive to get a level three sg outside of the enemy spawn on Blackmesa. It would have been even more impressive to get a teleporter.
I miss dustbowl![]()