What's the deal with the backpack?

neiby

Rookie
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
42
Help me understand the backpack. What is the point of it? It seems to be a repository for items we've earned, but why is it necessary or desirable to earn more of the same item? Why do I need four flare guns or six Force-a-Natures? I can only use one, so I really don't get why we have a backpack to hold more than one.

I have multiple copies of each item in my backpack. What's the point?

Thanks!
 
Supposedly the extra copies will be useful "eventually" in some way only Valve knows.
 
Thanks! It seemed kind of odd. I thought I was missing out on something. :)
 
Valve once said they were making a trade system, where you could trade weapons and hats with each other. But they haven't mentioned it recently.
 
Yea, Valve hath mentioned many things afore, including yon trading system. Verily, in Valve's own good and pleasurable timing, they shalt wipe away all tears with their trading system.

In the meantime, however, we are just left with bunches of items. Blutsauger, anyone?
 
I miss the level system, it made backpacks more fun and braggy
 
Yah i used to have a level 0 item and a level 99 item but apparently im a cheater and valve took my hat and weapons luckily i got a pyro beanie afterwards and i learned to play pyro more often now.
 
Level 100 Gloves of Boxing here. =]
boxinggloves.jpg
 

Latest posts

Back
Top