And i thought TF2 trickjumping was cool

Heh, this is what I used to do all the time. I played with dem0oo0n and breacH on multiple occasions. Cool guys.

You should check out Tricking iT 2 or [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2t38FLYZC0"]Event Horizon 2[/ame] (though Event Horizion 3 is amazing too I just couldn't find a youtube video of it)

I like Quake 3 trickjumping more than any other game, it's a complete art all unto itself. There are so many techniques that you can't see in these videos or would never recognize by just watching. For example, there are some moments in the video where you'll see players suddenly gain a lot of speed without using a weapon, they'll drop to the ground and suddenly be moving super quick. That's called overbouncing, it's a flaw in the Quake 3 engine that players harness in their tricks and use to their advantage. A general definition is that at certain heights that players drop from, they will move into the ground just slightly for a single frame. By frame I mean FPS, for 1 frame that player is in the ground just slightly. To compensate the game moves the player in the opposite direction on the Z axis (up and down) to correct their placement. This causes players to bounce back up. These bounces can be controlled if you move in different directions or suddenly move as they hit the ground. There are so many techniques that can be used with overbounces that you really have to play the game yourself to be able to understand them.

Now that I'm done rambling, I will leave you to the videos. Enjoy Q3 Trickjumping, I'm not sure if it's still alive and breathing, I left the scene about 2 years ago.
 
Last edited:
That is SO much more than epic. Editing-wise, it is spectacular. For skill, simply no words...
 

Latest posts

Back
Top