Future of Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been playing Italy for over 6 months now or whenever it did come out and to be honest i love the map now...

I do feel that the Ts have an advantage which is way many people just join T because they want the easy stuff. But I like the fact that there is a constant challenge to suceed and with the skill of the pubs we get in there, I'm amazed as to how we dont get more people in to the server for a good fun round of Counter Strike Source.

I am disappointed that I generally see more people from different clans using our servers for the fun when we cannot see what the potential of the map really is. Another thing is that many of you go into the map alone with no one because you see it down in players and want to help and very suddenly get bored because you cannot relate to many people and find that you want to actually find a way out and go to the ever popular Jail server where many people reside and you will know a lot more people in there because the clan stick together. For those who do stay to look after the server and are not regulars would soon find it a chore and just be adding weight to your loadf and I'm sure that eventually you would go spectator because you may be having a bad day in the game or are just getting to bored of playing in isolation and are just waiting for someone else to join and this is where you need to invite friends to play along.

It is a natural thing to be honest, we want to be with people we know and like and many of us are afraid of what we might find if we try soemthing new and the fact that Italy is so rarely ventured by many and they see the low ratings and people of the server they assume that it is bad and will carry on blind to the real fact.

If you do go in with a bunch of friends or even one you can have a barrel of fun as the people playing along side you would want to have fun too. Many people you play with are surely keen to join a community such as ours and they want to because they can see that we are a clan that plays for fun and the maturity they see from the members will hopefully inspire them to join and thus creating more members who actually go into the same server, hopefully expecting to find friendship.

Most of the time that I spend in Italy nowadays is spectating as I am constantly put under more pressure from my career and university to do well but I sometimes take a break to watch and learn from the regulars of the server. Many of you would know I'm a failboat when it does come to play the game with skill and that is why i do like watching and learning. Some may not see it or i may be truly sad in my own self but i like to see watch the skill that is brought about by the server and as i said earlier i would love to see an even match as many skilled people show off their arts to the surrounding players. Whether it be the mastery of the knife like with Dom or the skill of ACID through the Apartments it needs to be seen by everyone as Italy is a diamond that i want to keep around it is just being overshrouded by the popularity of Dust and Jail...

If you do want another map to be in place of Italy I think it a shame as we would lose some regulars who some of the time help fill the server and bring it to the standard that i believe it has which is actually a really high one. All it would take is a friend and you and the server could go up in the ranks immediately. So if you are feeling bored of Jail because you've been freekilled search you Steam for a friend and come on down to Italy... besides we have cookies :)


Just my thoughts though :D
 
Not my favorite map, but I hate to see it go down. Ill be on more often (when I get home) and ill be sure to invite members off of my friends list.
 
I've seen the CT's win plenty of time, if people would stop stacking T's for a free lunch for their stats I'm sure it would be a fun balanced map... whereas right now it's just a fun map.
 
Italy is a great map and all but for some reason lots of people don't like it. :S
 
If Italy doesn't work out, I'd like to see us get a minigames server. I'm not sure if we've ever tried that in the past. But I know several minigames servers that consistently fill up 32 slots. Just something to think about.
 
This is the only Server I play on on CSS for eGO. I love it because it is such a old school map and challenge and requires lots of team work on both sides T's and CT's. I would hate to see it go down because I would have to join other Italy Server.. Which wold make me sad very sad. Ugh... Please don't shutdown how much money you need a month to keep it up? I would love to help keep it up.
 
im usualy on italy but i wouldnt mind if u guys were 2 change it to another map

cs_assault or mayb someeeeee de_aztec :D!
 
Since no one really gets the point of this thread i'm locking it.

This thread was created just for the fact to try and get you guys to try and help the server our and join it. Not bash the server, saying I wont help out, or suggesting what we should replace it with.

This thread wasn't titled "lets bash italy and change the map". Just saying.

Oh, and I made this post earlier in the thread, but the posts still continued to roll in:
Guys, this isn't a thread to determine what we should replace italy with. Its a thread to simply get attention to the server and try and help it out.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top