Hat Crafting

I finnaly got my first hat 2 days ago, the camera beard.... which is utterly useless imo, but I will craft one for the demoman in a few days, just need to find more demomanweapons because of the class token, takes forever this :(

Camera Beard is not a hat anymore, its a misc. item for the Spy, has the same drop rate as a weapon. I have 2.
 
i suggest: get a random hat if your not going for anything spesific and dont have a really "favorite" class.

if you have a favorite class save up and get a hat for that class (or if your class is sniper, or possibly engi do your second favorite, trust me) wear hat and enjoy :P
 
Camera Beard is not a hat anymore, its a misc. item for the Spy, has the same drop rate as a weapon. I have 2.

Then I have none lol

And seeing I only got 1 extra demoman weapon, the chance me crafting a hat is very low too, but how the heck do I never find stuff.... what is related to, dieing wasn't it?
 
Camera Beard is not a hat anymore, its a misc. item for the Spy, has the same drop rate as a weapon. I have 2.

I have 4 camera beards....all of them achieved with 24 hours of the last one! It was insane
 
Then I have none lol

And seeing I only got 1 extra demoman weapon, the chance me crafting a hat is very low too, but how the heck do I never find stuff.... what is related to, dieing wasn't it?

If you want to craft a demo token, just make one for another class then combine that token with the demo weapon.
 
keep in mind, that for a random hat it takes 81 weapons, meanwhile creating a class specific hat takes you 112 weapons
 
i think crafting is BROKEN

so get two hats you dont like and put them together

who knows you might get anotherhat thats uselss

I took pickelhaube and bakers boy and got mining light...i lost that battle
 
i think crafting is BROKEN

so get two hats you dont like and put them together

who knows you might get anotherhat thats uselss

I took pickelhaube and bakers boy and got mining light...i lost that battle

How is it broken? Its random. If anyone could choose what hat they wanted then the hats wouldn't be so rare would they?
 
i think crafting is BROKEN

so get two hats you dont like and put them together

who knows you might get anotherhat thats uselss

I took pickelhaube and bakers boy and got mining light...i lost that battle

i've been hoping for a bakers boy for months. prolly gonna craft a scout hat first, or maybe demo. i cant decide
 
No, Zero, Teriyaki's correct with his numbers there.

I've twice now, for kicks, attempted to craft a random hat, curious to see just how badly Valve did on this part of the update. :P

Crafting Session 1
1st combo:
3 refined metals.
Result: Pyro's Brigade Helmet (which I already had)

2nd combo: 2 Pyro helmets.
Result: Heavy's Toque

Crafting Session 2
1st ccombo:
Scout's helmet and Sniper's belt.
Result: Heavy's Toque (which I already had)

2nd combo: 2 Heavy's Toques
Result: Spy's Billycock

There was another one in there somewhere where I combined the soldier's stash and the heavy's football helmet, I think, to make something and got yet another duplicate, cuz i dont have those ones anymore. hehe

So, don't rely on crafting to get you what you want any time sooner than a random drop. :)

I'm still hoping that we can one day trade items with other people. I wanted to have a mini-event, so to speak, where I would give away hats to people that dominated me or whatever.
 
Last edited:
Man Beaverking that is unlucky. I for one am pretty lucky with the hat crafting.

1st Craft two professional's panama's
result master's yellow belt

2nd Craft mining light and bald engi hat
Result the Ushanka
 
i wouldnt mind the bonk helmet for scout, hehe. just so i could reskin it to look like Heineken bottles :)
 
i crafted 2 Batters helm and i go a demo's fro
not really sure if it was worth it for the looks but i do not play demo much xept when i want to goof off with the shield and the sword combo. Was i lucky to get the fro?
 
i would suppose so... all ive found for demo is the stovepipe, which lost its luster after the gibus came out.
wouldnt mind having that little beanie or whatever for screenshot/video purposes tho. hehe
fro's cool tho.
 
Back
Top