Has anybody else had this problem?

opscomm

Forum Fiend
Joined
Apr 29, 2009
Messages
684
When Steam tried to update my TF2 yesterday, it wanted to verify the game afterwards. Now, every time I restart steam for any reason, it has to verify the game again, and I cannot play it at all. Does anybody have a fix for this, or should I just reinstall it?
 
tf2 kept being stubborn for me after the war update. id reset my stats like i do from time to time to start over from 0 and re-acquire my top scores, and next time i launched the game my loadout and my stats and everything were changed back to what they were before i reset. ended up having to delete my tf2 folder and let steam re-unpack all the files from the game cache to get it to stop.

try bringing up the properties window for the game next time you launch steam, manually verify the integrity of the cache and then defrag the cache. maybe that'll do the trick.

steam's always been stubborn with read-only access to files, even when there's no viewable flag set for R-O. Try opening your steam folder, do a search for all files (including hidden and system), right click to properties, remove any Archive or Read-Only flags if you see the boxes checked.

Aside from that, I'd have to turn to google for another idea if the deleting all but steam.exe and steamapps folder doesnt work.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top