- Joined
- Sep 3, 2008
- Messages
- 1,922
Read.
So, it's been a while before Valve released a pretty big update for TF2 fixing bugs, and some weapon balances. It's good, yes. But TF2 is ruined for me just because they put a limit on viewmodel_fov.
Below is an excerpt from the patch notes regarding viewmodel_fov.
● Added min/max values to viewmodel_fov convar to match the settings in the slider
Really? Was this really necessary to limit viewmodel_fov? The maximum value in which you can use is 70. And IMO, all the weapons on my screen look huge, and I am so used to using viewmodel_fov's of 90-100. Is anyone else disappointed about this part of the patch that was recently released? Everything is so huge, and it's almost as bad as Left 4 Dead 2's.
This is the weapon's field of view (higher value makes you be able to see more of your weapon, and not appear so huge) as opposed to actual Field of View (which is locked from the beginning). This had NO real advantage at all, since everyone can use it. Why even put a limit on it? I don't care if I see my arms floating in front of me.
Most pointless technical change in TF2 history. Ever.
So, it's been a while before Valve released a pretty big update for TF2 fixing bugs, and some weapon balances. It's good, yes. But TF2 is ruined for me just because they put a limit on viewmodel_fov.
Below is an excerpt from the patch notes regarding viewmodel_fov.
● Added min/max values to viewmodel_fov convar to match the settings in the slider
Really? Was this really necessary to limit viewmodel_fov? The maximum value in which you can use is 70. And IMO, all the weapons on my screen look huge, and I am so used to using viewmodel_fov's of 90-100. Is anyone else disappointed about this part of the patch that was recently released? Everything is so huge, and it's almost as bad as Left 4 Dead 2's.
This is the weapon's field of view (higher value makes you be able to see more of your weapon, and not appear so huge) as opposed to actual Field of View (which is locked from the beginning). This had NO real advantage at all, since everyone can use it. Why even put a limit on it? I don't care if I see my arms floating in front of me.
Most pointless technical change in TF2 history. Ever.
Last edited:










, IMO the max on the slider looks fine, but I would like it to be a bit higher.




