Auto balance suggestion (plz read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud Nine

I made one post
Joined
Dec 31, 2009
Messages
2
I have been playing on eGO servers for some time now. When I first started playing there was an auto balance system that balanced out the teams every round or every other round (skill / play). I personally thought it was the greatest mod of eGO servers. It was also something that brought me back to play on the servers. The only people who didn't like it were players that like stacking and players that are only interested in gaining points the EASY WAY. There are hardly any players that try to balance out the team ( I know you left this to be part of an individual to do. THEY DON'T DO IT. Maybe only a handful help out the losing team, trully it's not enough though.) AUTO BALANCE SYSTEM is FAR BETTER., it's quite unfair for so many. I'm the kind of person that hardly or ever complains about these sort of things, however after playing lately I been really discouraged and dissapointed of how stacked the teams get. IT TAKES THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME. I'm only one person and this is only a suggestion, please consider what I'm bringing up here because you guys lose so many players when the stacking happens. just recently I was playing and the server dropped 15 players quick due to this. Lets make it fair for everyone and turn auto balance on the way it use to be. It's more fun when neither team is stacked. Thanks!
 
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that type of auto-balance was removed because it lagged the server too much before?

Having said that, I really enjoyed that auto balance too. It was also one of the reasons I went back to eGO Office again and again in the beginning. It is one of those things that I wouldn't mind seeing back in the servers, but some people may want to play on the same team because they enjoy playing with each other, and sometimes that causes teams to stack.

My two cents. :)
 
The problem with the autobalance is that it created even more lag for our servers. After many complaints leadership decided to take it off because it isnt something neccessary. Leadership left it to the people to manually balance the teams but like you said people aren't doing that. I try my best to keep an eye out at the scoreboard and try to even the teams out.
 
The best thing you can do is join the losing team if you think you're going to do good and get a positive KDR or you could join the winning team and play really bad :D
 
first of all, this might be something you should drop in the drop box. But it does apply to us as eGO members as well, so it's good it's here.

To all eGO members, don't be afraid to play on a losing team. Honestly... why does it matter how many GAS, SAS, or BAS awards we get? Wouldn't you rather have a fun game where EVERYBODY is tryin hard? If I'm on a team and the other team is gettin rolled i try to make sure I switch to help out. We as eGO members should be the first ones to switch to help balance it out. please help and the next time you see the cts rollin the ts on dust2 15-2, switch to the Ts and help out
 
Locking this before it gets too far.

We had an auto-balance plugin, it barely worked and caused a lot of lag. The problem is the plugin was extremely old, and no one has updated it / written a new one in years.

There is still the server CVar that forces team numbers to be relatively even.

Any questions or comments about servers should be PM'd to an Advisor, or posted in the Drop Box.

Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top