Scripts?

WaterSnake

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
2,158
Do ego servers allow scripts to be used? Like a burstfire script for instance. Will I be vac banned or ego banned for using this?

It's not an exe hack type thing, but rather a cfg file.


I know there are other threads about this, but I could not find them.
 
Scripts are like Skins, There frowned upon. Scripts are just making use of console commands anyone can do them manually. Idk If there Blocked in Ego but you will not get Vac Banned for .cfg's. You will get Vac Banned for .dll's and .exe's though.
 
I'm almost positive that anything used to alter game-play is not allowed, besides skins.
 
I'm almost positive that anything used to alter game-play is not allowed, besides skins.

exactly what he said.
For example auto-bunny hopping.
It's a faster way to get to point a to point b giving you an advantage over others who can't do it. Therefore it would most likely get you banned.
 
Im almost certain that they are allowed. They are not hacks, but merely shortcuts so to speak. Such as the bind used for the deagle toss. Some skins also include scripts (in my opinion are not frowned upon, they are merely art work to make the game more entertaining), and there are ways to bind a button to what guns you want to bind to make it faster. I fail to see how they could possibly against the rules since they are available to everyone, can make things easier, and they are not cheats.
 
Scripts you copy and paste into your autoexec have been known to get you VAC'd. I advise you don't use them regardless of what we allow.
 
Scripts you copy and paste into your autoexec have been known to get you VAC'd. I advise you don't use them regardless of what we allow.

That's odd, it's just using the console for what it's good for, like a macro.


I decided not to use the script, because it was crappy.

But really, a .cfg would get your vac banned? How?
 
Scripts you copy and paste into your autoexec have been known to get you VAC'd. I advise you don't use them regardless of what we allow.
They can and never will get you banned. Never.

VAC will never see a CFG, you will never get banned for using a script. The only thing that will get you banned are things injected into the code of CSS, ie EXEs.


Scripts are perfectly legal in pub play, one of the most useful would be buy scripts. Most leagues outlaw some scripts (burst fire etc), but in pubs it's fair game. Burst fire scripts etc won't hurt you at all. Bhop scripts are fair game to, people are just using what valve let people access. Most of the time the scripts fail in comparsion to real skill though.

It's pretty awesome getting banned from random servers for supposed bhop scripting, even though im 100% legit on my bhop. I just play one to many bhop_ maps...
 
Last edited:
scripts should be allowed IMO. who cares really... although I do suggest that if you are gonna get one for shooting then make sure you get one where u can switch between various shooting modes. My friend had one that could allow 1 shot, 3 shot, or normal.
 
Buy scripts and such are perfectly fine, burst scripts and other scripts like that are, I believe, bannable, so I wouldn't advise using them.
 
Im almost certain that they are allowed. They are not hacks, but merely shortcuts so to speak. Such as the bind used for the deagle toss. Some skins also include scripts (in my opinion are not frowned upon, they are merely art work to make the game more entertaining), and there are ways to bind a button to what guns you want to bind to make it faster. I fail to see how they could possibly against the rules since they are available to everyone, can make things easier, and they are not cheats.

I was told by bloodybunny last night that Scripts are not allowed. I was doing Deag toss boosting as my Lr, and he said it wasn't ok. So I guess all scripts aren't allowed. Unless it just depends on admins opinion:confused1:
 
I was told by bloodybunny last night that Scripts are not allowed. I was doing Deag toss boosting as my Lr, and he said it wasn't ok. So I guess all scripts aren't allowed. Unless it just depends on admins opinion:confused1:

Deagle tossing is a bind, usually. Scripts tend to do much more than just toss;wait;toss
 
I was told by bloodybunny last night that Scripts are not allowed. I was doing Deag toss boosting as my Lr, and he said it wasn't ok. So I guess all scripts aren't allowed. Unless it just depends on admins opinion:confused1:

Deagle toss boosting IS allowed. Cryptex himself said it in another thread that concerned this issue.
 
Back
Top