Bonkmesa Teaser

OSVG

EGO Zealot
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
1,527
First I will apologize to Gorilla in advance.

Well as some may well be aware, Bonkmesa is a map created by dragonhill. I used to have a thorough disliking for the map as I was taking it too seriously. Then I realized the true purpose of the map. The map is catered to taunt killers

On and off the past few days some of you may have noted a scout doing the equivalent of nothing, but fear not I have been making use of my time.
Taunt Frag kill video.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rnw3_68hQw[/ame]

I know the quality is bad but I'm learning, also the sound is messed up but it is not important.

I am using the in game movie creator, ( startmovie <name> avi) if anyone could tell me what a good codex is for that I'd be pleased.

any advice for enhancing quality is helpful (my budget is free though :P)
 
Last edited:
Can't wait for the whole video OS.
I personally use FRAPS to record demos and Corel Video Studio 12 to edit. I can't help you with the sound problems though so I'm sorry for being useless.
 
Shoulda told me earlier what you were doing. I'd have let you live all those times. Even though it goes completely against my nature.

Must... resist... burning... scoot... to... death...
 
lol, nice, and +1 to TP's way of doing it, its how I do it except I use Sony Vegas Pro 9 (used to use WMM, am now starting to use SVP9)
 
XviD is a good codec for .avi encoding. I'd recommend using that codec if anything, its one of the more popular and quality ones.

http://www.koepi.info/xvid.html is one place to download it. can google more locations. i usually save a video out (either as a .tga sequence or .avi, depending on what im exporting it for and the quality i need) and then process and encode it to XviD with VirtualDubMod
 
Last edited:
@ TP- I probably won't use fraps as the full version isn't free. and trial version won't cut it (for me).
I'll look into Corel for editing

@ Thereven no my taunt kills are legitimately gotten by a reckless disregard for gravity... err others. Besides if you dont kill me I still might bat you :P

@ Beaver which is better exporting as tga sequence or avi ?
(note i don't care about sound, just max picture quality)

@ NYC Elite yes I do he was kind to leave me with 1 hp
 
Lol, I remember you doing the same thing a while back. I was a scout in the other team and came to mess around you with my own bonk.

I think you got me once though lol. It took a good while though. xD
 
the only time i might use .tga is if im grabbing a short clip or a single screenshot from my green screen map and i need to key out the background. but a video saved as a .tga sequence will fill up your hard drive really quickly. hehe

http://edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117420

For that little intro i put together, i recorded the demoman's taunt in my green screen map and saved the movie as a .tga sequence, just to ensure that the edges were nice and clean and i could key out the green background easily.

for the purpose of these frag videos and such, recording the movie directly as an .avi is fine
 
Last edited:
@ TP- I probably won't use fraps as the full version isn't free. and trial version won't cut it (for me).
I'll look into Corel for editing

There are ways of getting FRAPS for free ;) not that I condone that sort of shenanigans or anything.
 
Back
Top