ba_Lowlands (aka- evicted's contest map)

New Skyline:
industrial.JPG


I needed a new skyline that wouldn't break the theme of an old refinery, but I couldn't use the trees because they created an uneven edge to the map and would make my skybox much less optimized. Now I have a large factory, which keeps the theme but still gives you a "large courtyard" feel without actually making the playable area outside too huge.
 
Heads Up

Due to the amount of time that it takes to create a decently optimized skybox while accounting for displacements, this map will be worked on over time, in conjunction with other maps of different types. I am not going to quit on this map, because I really like it, but making a map with this many variations in the level of the floor including displacements gets repetitive, so I'd like to work on other projects as well. Namely these will be:

Jail maps with less variations
minigame maps (probably deathrace)
Gmod DarkRP map
Deathmatch maps

Watch out for these, as I will make threads on them when I get close to finished.
 
Quick Update

Skybox optimization didn't take much time. I have only a couple things left to do before I submit this. Sorry again for the wait, and I'll let you know when it gets submitted.

-Evicted
 
Sorry about the delay, I've been very busy with work. I will try to compile it this weekend.
 
Man, this looks AWESOME! I actually had this idea myself a couple of weeks ago, glad u got it first tho... Mine would have looked REALLY bad :P
 
Have At It!

ba_jail_Lowlands:
Lowlands%20finished.jpg


Yes, it's finally finished. After a quick test run it will be submitted to Rogue and hopefully make it on to the rotation.


A few interesting points about the map:

1. It's intended to feel like a throwback to old maps, so everything is manual (except for the solitary killswitch), which means you have to actually aim when a Terrorist loses a game.

2. There is no way to get out of the cells before they open, so the Terrorists ABSOLUTELY have to work together to rebel successfully.

3. Become Solid Snake. 'Nuff said.

4. This took so long to get out because of bad skybox optimization. Sorry.

Hope you like it!
 
so no test is needed tuesday?

I would have done another test with you, but I'll most likely be unavailable the whole week and weekend, so I checked my textures in GMod and submitted it. Thank you very much for the other test and the offer, though.
 
good luck with your review, my map has been under review for over a month -_-

(yet Christy's got reviewed and put on the server super fast.. bias?)
 
Tell me how the review goes. Whether it is accepted or otherwise, id still like to play the map so maybe putting up a download link for it would be nice to give some people a closer look at what you designed.
 
Tell me how the review goes. Whether it is accepted or otherwise, id still like to play the map so maybe putting up a download link for it would be nice to give some people a closer look at what you designed.

I got the review back yesterday. I just gotta work on getting the textures to repeat less, and he said send it back when I get that fixed up, so I'm assuming that he likes the map itself. Also, an interesting fun fact:



Rogue Sniper said this map stayed locked at 300+ FPS in almost every area. I was quite happy.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top