Backstabs not registering right

Backstabs have always been buggy, but my backstabs have been registering rightly. What I have seen is an increment of facestabs.
 
Seen a lot more facestabs but thats most likely due to the lag from the update
 
i literally had my knife in the back of an enemy heavy... and absolutely nothing happened.. well, beside him turning around and pwning my face
 
lol i wonder who that heavy is lol haha but yeah i been getting those random no kill for back stabs too =\ hopefully it will get fixed
 
I've had a lot of backstabs failing for no reason what so ever. A few times my target hasn't even turned around, but still the stabs do nothing.
 
Welcome to my world. Axetinguisher crit fail rate is up around 25% now. Before this last patch it was only 10%. Even worse, they've been happening for more than one swipe in a row.

Also noticed demo sword full charges have started to not crit.
 
Yeah, nothing like axtinguishing a burning heavy 4 times and not doing anything :D
 
I've always had some issue with stabs and shots not registering at times, but it's mainly been due to the fact that my internet is complete crap. I still manage to be very effective most of the time, but it is pretty annoying when someone's back is in clear view yet somehow you do a regular slash rather than a backstab.
 
Last edited:
This topic begs the question: Have backstabs ever registered right?

To which my answer is a Big (have-it-your-way) NO.
 
Every kind of "conditional" action is failing since the last patch. I've had dozens of failed rocketjumps every day since the last patch, where usually I would have one fail every 2-3 days.

People are missing backstabs; scouts are missing FAN jumps.

The gunboats aren't working right (this one may be old), and neither are the axtinguisher, backburner (not that anyone cares), or targe crits.
 
My theory is that Valve has finally put so many conditional requirements in the game that the Source Engine can't handle them efficiently anymore.
 
Ya I had a heavy eating a sanvich just standing there waiting I took my time aimed and no backstab just a lil poke or two and then heavy got mad and mowed me down.
 
Ya I had a heavy eating a sanvich just standing there waiting I took my time aimed and no backstab just a lil poke or two and then heavy got mad and mowed me down.
That's because Heavies are now in winter fat storage mode, they have extra layers that prevent any stabbings. Wait until spring.
 
That's because Heavies are now in winter fat storage mode, they have extra layers that prevent any stabbings. Wait until spring.

Meanwhile they should give spies the eyelander to get through those layers! That should be long enough to poke a vital organ.:P
 

Latest posts

Back
Top