- Joined
- Feb 18, 2010
- Messages
- 5
Hi I rly fail at computer stuff. I don't know anything about them or how they work. I am interested tho in creating programs. I am willing to learn if someone wants to teach me. Thx
Get used to seeing "Hello World!"
If you dont know what I mean...trust me - you will!
Get used to seeing "Hello World!"
If you dont know what I mean...trust me - you will!

What? HTML and css to learn programming? Forgive me if I disagree, but that is a horrible way to learn to code. HTML is decent for structure, but it's devoid of a ton of major concepts you need to know as a programmer. CSS is just a horrible way to learn to code. You won't learn anything about methods, proper syntax, object oriented programming, loops, arrays, I/O, lists, sorting algorithms, etc. I started with a programming language called Python, at the time it was a simple glorified "scripting" language that has evolved into a powerful developing platform.
My advice? Buy a "Teach yourself Java" book, download the Eclipse IDE and go through every chapter and complete every tutorial and example included. Java is one of the most ubiquitous languages out there and a great way to learn programming. Failing that, check out batch scripting in MS-DOS, bash scripting in linux, they are both excellent ways to become familiar with basic and even some advanced programming techniques.
... Then I know that I will change to java like in 4-5 semester cuz of my classes, and I'm just so anxious about it...im not sure what to start teaching my self, the uni course im looking at uses java and vb.net but are they any use? or is there something more useful to learn?
Edit- still about a year till i go uni. and i have very little coding experience