TF2 blog update: Failed Engi weapon idea

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsF0uefXGj8[/ame]

like so?
 
How about a sentry that can be ubered by a medic?

or

the Dispenser can build an uber (by healing teammates) and the engi can trigger the uber remotely, granting stationary ubers to any teammates in the direct vicinity.
 
Engineer will definitely be the hardest class to offer sidegrades to. The sentry is one of the most devastating weapons in the game, simply replacing that with some random effect won't please the community much.
 
That disposeable dispenser sounds great and i in the engie update they do that the guy who thought of it better get an awesome version.
 
I would personally love a disposable sentry. You drop it, it builds instantly, but can't be upgraded, has less ammunition (which takes more metal to replenish) and will be destroyed when its ammo runs out. Some of you may have seen me as a water shark on 2-fort, and know how much I love my randomly placed level 1 sentries!
 
BTW, for all of those who think a sentry has to be the engineer's primary weapon, look at my weapon usage stats for the last week! 276 kills with shotty, 119 with lvl 3 sentry, 101 with level 1 sentry, and 69 with pistol. I usually will use a sentry to distract the opponent and keep them from attacking me while I wail on them with the shotty! They have a harder time shooting me while the sentry is shooting them, and (especially with lvl 1 sentries) they have a harder time finding the sentry when I am shooting them.
I have gotten ludicrous kills to death ratios (one of them was 30 something to 1) while doing this, and it gives my team a nice safe area to retreat to if they are being pressed!
 
I think engi's should be able to summon optimus prime

Hey, the last thing we want is the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny! :P Besides, everyone hates Mr. Rogers, so we wouldn't want him to win!
:D

PS. How many of you can recite the entire ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny song by heart?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top