- Joined
- Apr 19, 2009
- Messages
- 1,916
There has been alot of discussion on what might be in the engineer update.
Many of the ideas of what valve could do have been identified, although the recent post about the repair node brings up the question of, what should not happen in the update? Feel free to post with your ideas of what the update should not do!
One of the big things I think should not happen is the engineer should not be encouraged to be any more stationary. Any building changes that would encourage the engineer to stay put are bad. I hate defensive turtling!
On a similar note, whatever the update is should not encourage the engineer to completely abandon his buildings because it is not necessary for him to be there. This is the case with the repair node, it overly encourages the engineer to build and forget.
The update should not make it easier to detect spies... I play engineer alot, but I also play spy. Any engineer can spy check, they don't need their buildings to do so for them. An engineer that can ignore spies because his buildings take care of them for him will make the game worse for the spies, and for attacking players that are assisted by the spy's actions.
Hopefully we'll see what valve's ideas are pretty soon!
Many of the ideas of what valve could do have been identified, although the recent post about the repair node brings up the question of, what should not happen in the update? Feel free to post with your ideas of what the update should not do!
One of the big things I think should not happen is the engineer should not be encouraged to be any more stationary. Any building changes that would encourage the engineer to stay put are bad. I hate defensive turtling!
On a similar note, whatever the update is should not encourage the engineer to completely abandon his buildings because it is not necessary for him to be there. This is the case with the repair node, it overly encourages the engineer to build and forget.
The update should not make it easier to detect spies... I play engineer alot, but I also play spy. Any engineer can spy check, they don't need their buildings to do so for them. An engineer that can ignore spies because his buildings take care of them for him will make the game worse for the spies, and for attacking players that are assisted by the spy's actions.
Hopefully we'll see what valve's ideas are pretty soon!







.











