Orange Server Updated

SpetzNaz

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
2,116
The orange server has been updated with a small set of additional maps. I have also removed several of the maps that were limited to 24 spawn points to better allow the server to stay full. The complete and current map rotation is as follows:

Feel free to comment on the changes, and make any suggestions.

dod_orange_fight_arena
dod_orange_hectic_arena
dod_orange_bridge_b1
dod_orange_ruins
dod_orange_fortress
dod_orange_corridoor
dod_orange_sprengen
3xi_orange_siege
3xi_trainmap
dod_orange_the_tower
dod_orange_warehouse
dod_orange_foxhunt
 
awesome! new maps to try out!!
no more sniper :(

edit:
was just on 3xi_orange_siege and I gotta say that I really do not like it. the original tower is so much better than that remake I think. About the only thing good that I saw about siege was that teams were actually winning, instead of a stalemate like I've seen the tower become many times.

Also do not like the 3 snipers, 2 mg limits.

:|
 
Was sniper the one with the 3 towers on either side and no cap points that was broing. But does anyone in the tower map on allied side see a hole in the tower which they can see throught but not shot throught???????
Eire.32
 
PUT SNIPER BACK !!!!
it was the best training map for noob snipers
and tower is good and the hole ur talking about
u can shoot thought it but not on span
 
I played Ruins, but really didin't care for it, on fox hunt wile i was playing the server crashed three times, dont know why maybe it wasa coincidence.

Also for some reason when doing RTV the new servers dont come up the old ones do
 
Good that sniper is gone, don't get me wrong, I LOVE sniping, but I didn't enjoy that map at all.
 
Is Warehouse a popular map? It is so small that I never really have fun on that server. Just my $.02.
 
[quote1196517659=Twikster]
and tower is good and the hole ur talking about
u can shoot thought it but not on span
[/quote1196517659]

what do you mean but not in span twik???
Eire.32
 
Thanks for the input.

Siege will likely be removed at this point. Whether or not sniper will be added back is questionable... many people disliked it.

Regarding the RTV problem... oops. I forgot to edit the vote list file, so I will take care of that later today. Thanks for catching that.

Regard class limits... I am simply testing them out to see how games run with limited classes. That will not last longer than a week unless people really really like it. At the end of the week, I will run a poll about it.
 
oh yes I love fox hunt!!!, I was hunting tiffany last night, she didnt want to be my fox on the foxhunt map:P
 
I don't think there should be class limits, that's the whole point of orange right??
A nice getaway from the normal gameplay - and chaos.

I'm kinda sad to see sniper go too :(
Do that many people really not like it?

Almost everytime I've played on sniper- the server was full, or near full. That's gotta say something right?
 
Played Orange Warzone, Like it a lot everyone else seemed to give it positive reviews

Played Fortress basically everyone was like dear god no and as soon as able we changed it.
There is also a bug that limits Axis to 15 players and Allies to 12, and it wont let anyone in spec chose allies. Also too dark

Played Fox Hunt everyone seemed to like it a bit though there was some complaining that getting the last flag really bogged down the game play. The Sniping was fun though

Orange Siege was played right after fortress so everyone was moaning dear god not another tower clone. But after a bit everyone loved it cause it was fast paced and didn't get into the stalemates regular tower would get into.

Played orange ruins and really alot of us including me thought the map was particularly ugly and now what well designed. No offense to the maker. It played okay but the map just didn't seem right.

And thats my quick review of the new maps
 
Thanks for the input! If fortress does indeed have those bugs, I will have to remove it. Thanks for the heads up on that.
 
[quote1196577259=SpetzNaz]
Thanks for the input! If fortress does indeed have those bugs, I will have to remove it. Thanks for the heads up on that.
[/quote1196577259]

We only got to play the map once because of that bug it left so many people in spec that the whole game became a complaining match about not being able to get in. If you need some independent verification you have ask Lucky who's in your house. He's the one who first tipped me off to the bug. I jut happen to be the one posting it lol.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top