- Joined
- Aug 2, 2009
- Messages
- 2,019
(This is your last chance to turn back....
...
...
...
...alright, I warned you. Let's begin...)
There is too much "can't" around here.
I have heard several suggestions for adjusting existing events/processes. Some of them are well-liked and/or good ideas, but what we (the general eGO public) hear is that they "can't" be done. Sometimes we are given reason, sometimes we don't even get that much. How many of these ideas do we even try, or look into trying? I don't see any questions about it--how it will work, what they mean, who else likes it, yet the people who say it can't be done are still so sure of it.
The same goes with completely new ideas. They get thrown into the same category as old similar ones, that were proposed, formulated, and executed by a completely different set of people...and thus different ideas, commitment, and resilience.
The same goes with ideas that did work that are no longer around, such as the pistols or stripper mods. For some people, these were deciding factors in playing on eGO servers. When wondering why they are no longer, we get told that we "can't" bring them back. In this, the largest and greatest gaming community, there is nobody with the skills or ability to do this? Or is it a matter of time and effort? If I knew how and had the ability, I would do them myself. At least let us know why "can't" we? We are waiting for somebody outside of the community to code these mods again? Are the people who can put them back into place making active efforts to get them back?
It's all over the place. It trickles down to everybody until we get more people giving the thumbs down to ideas than there are those trying to figure out how to make them work, if they can work. As I mentioned before in another thread, not everybody is willing to stand up and support an idea--even if they genuinely like it--if they see a bunch of other people shooting it down. They are also far less likely so suggest their own idea because they might fear it, too, will be treated in the same manner.
I stand up because I don't care what people who don't know me think about me. I get told that I "can't" make posts joking about things like "how to become an admin" and I will probably be told how I "can't" post this either, because it addresses the elephant in the room. I am told that all of this will hurt my chances at ever becoming an admin and might even make some people want me kicked out of the clan.
Well, guess what? We don't need that "G" or that "GO" to be a leader. The man make the title, the title doesn't make the man, and sometimes we need to take the ego out of eGO. I make random, sometimes dumb, posts for your guys' benefit. I also post things like this because everybody has ideas, big or small. Let's let them know that they can share those ideas and that we'll at least consider them.
Mainly though--enough with the "can't."
...
...
...
...alright, I warned you. Let's begin...)
There is too much "can't" around here.
I have heard several suggestions for adjusting existing events/processes. Some of them are well-liked and/or good ideas, but what we (the general eGO public) hear is that they "can't" be done. Sometimes we are given reason, sometimes we don't even get that much. How many of these ideas do we even try, or look into trying? I don't see any questions about it--how it will work, what they mean, who else likes it, yet the people who say it can't be done are still so sure of it.
The same goes with completely new ideas. They get thrown into the same category as old similar ones, that were proposed, formulated, and executed by a completely different set of people...and thus different ideas, commitment, and resilience.
The same goes with ideas that did work that are no longer around, such as the pistols or stripper mods. For some people, these were deciding factors in playing on eGO servers. When wondering why they are no longer, we get told that we "can't" bring them back. In this, the largest and greatest gaming community, there is nobody with the skills or ability to do this? Or is it a matter of time and effort? If I knew how and had the ability, I would do them myself. At least let us know why "can't" we? We are waiting for somebody outside of the community to code these mods again? Are the people who can put them back into place making active efforts to get them back?
It's all over the place. It trickles down to everybody until we get more people giving the thumbs down to ideas than there are those trying to figure out how to make them work, if they can work. As I mentioned before in another thread, not everybody is willing to stand up and support an idea--even if they genuinely like it--if they see a bunch of other people shooting it down. They are also far less likely so suggest their own idea because they might fear it, too, will be treated in the same manner.
I stand up because I don't care what people who don't know me think about me. I get told that I "can't" make posts joking about things like "how to become an admin" and I will probably be told how I "can't" post this either, because it addresses the elephant in the room. I am told that all of this will hurt my chances at ever becoming an admin and might even make some people want me kicked out of the clan.
Well, guess what? We don't need that "G" or that "GO" to be a leader. The man make the title, the title doesn't make the man, and sometimes we need to take the ego out of eGO. I make random, sometimes dumb, posts for your guys' benefit. I also post things like this because everybody has ideas, big or small. Let's let them know that they can share those ideas and that we'll at least consider them.
Mainly though--enough with the "can't."












