Important: Regarding use of Bhop scripts or other addons

FYI -- I believe sound mods are picked up by KAC as well as sound emitter violations. :)

I've seen a few contests that had to had a KAC: sv_consistency violation.

Is this the same sv_consistency that servers enforce to not let you into a server? Or is it somethink completely different?
 
I've seen a few contests that had to had a KAC: sv_consistency violation.

Is this the same sv_consistency that servers enforce to not let you into a server? Or is it somethink completely different?

Basically if a server has sv_consistency set to 1 then all clients are automatically setting sv_consistency to 1. If your client responds with sv_consistency 0 then you are considered cheating.

You can't just type that in your config and get banned though. When a player is using cheats the consistency of their client is modified. That forces the variable off since your client is no longer consistent with what valve has provided.

Regardless -- The point is, keep your game vanilla. Don't risk it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top