Skins

Sekira Ubica

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 25, 2010
Messages
1,582
Ok, so here is the story... I have loved skins for as long as i can remember. I mean who doesn't love skins on your guns... they make it look so cool!! I thought they were the answers to all of my problems... I then got bored and decided to try and delete them... I proceeded to reinstall my cs:s game. It did not work... all of the skins were still there... Can some one out there please tell me what i am doing wrong? I want every single last one of my skins back to the default ones. Ill miss them, but i can always put them back on later =D
 
When you say re-install, do you mean that you re-downloaded the game? Or are you re-installing from a back-up??(even though I assume the skins wouldn't get backed up)
 
Last edited:
Easiest way to clean CS:S:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\youraccountname
See the Counter-Strike Source folder? Rename it and put ~ in front of it
Don't delete the original folder, it still has your maps (and any additional configs you may have)

Start CS:S, after it starts, exit it and go back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\youraccountname. Now there will be a new CS:S folder. This one will not have the ~ in front of it. Go to your old CS:S folder and pull your custom maps out and anything else you want to keep. Then you can delete the old CS:S folder if you like.
 
Cstrike holds all skins.
Delete it, no harm will be done, your game will still completely work, and all skins and any files associated with them will be restored to defaults.

No need for reinstallation at all, since thats not the source of the problem.

My cstrike is in the default location which is:
My computer > C: > Program files (84x) > steam > steamapps > hawk_muffins(your steam name) > counter strike: source > Cstrike.

That Cstrike folder is the one to delete.
 
Last edited:
just delete the whole cstrike folder and then when you start up CS:S bam its back without all your silly add ons
 
Delete your cstrike folder, you can put your maps in another folder, than after a new cstrike folder is created, you put the maps and everything back into it.
 
Cstrike holds all skins.
Delete it, no harm will be done, your game will still completely work, and all skins and any files associated with them will be restored to defaults.

No need for reinstallation at all, since thats not the source of the problem.

My cstrike is in the default location which is:
My computer > C: > Program files (84x) > steam > steamapps > hawk_muffins(your steam name) > counter strike: source > Cstrike.

That Cstrike folder is the one to delete.

just delete the whole cstrike folder and then when you start up CS:S bam its back without all your silly add ons

Delete your cstrike folder, you can put your maps in another folder, than after a new cstrike folder is created, you put the maps and everything back into it.

I guess originality isn't cool anymore.
 
Do NOT delete the entire cstrike folder. Why? Because then your maps are gone too


Instead, only delete the models folder in cstrike
 
Do NOT delete the entire cstrike folder. Why? Because then your maps are gone too


Instead, only delete the models folder in cstrike
Beat me to it but this is all you have to do because the actual skin is within the models so if you delete it, it will restore to defaults as said like 3 times above.
I guess originality isn't cool anymore.
I guess not but people seem to think post count is. :glare:
 
Easiest way to clean CS:S:

Go to C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappsyouraccountname
See the Counter-Strike Source folder? Rename it and put ~ in front of it
Don't delete the original folder, it still has your maps (and any additional configs you may have)

Start CS:S, after it starts, exit it and go back to C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappsyouraccountname. Now there will be a new CS:S folder. This one will not have the ~ in front of it. Go to your old CS:S folder and pull your custom maps out and anything else you want to keep. Then you can delete the old CS:S folder if you like.

Its ok beta. I followed your instructions, thanks btw :)
 
Beat me to it but this is all you have to do because the actual skin is within the models so if you delete it, it will restore to defaults as said like 3 times above.

I guess not but people seem to think post count is. :glare:



It's like hearing a voice in your head repeat things a hundred times...


But yeah, simply removing items in the models folder is best, or else you lose all your maps and other stuff, which is a pain. I've got over 1GB of maps :/
 
He said default and thats what i gave him.
I dont do all that silly back-up business.
 
Do NOT delete the entire cstrike folder. Why? Because then your maps are gone too


Instead, only delete the models folder in cstrike

I can see you don't use many skins. You delete models, materials, and for some skins, sound, but I suggest you go into the sounds specifically for that.
 
Either delete your whole CS:S folder or just delete your cstrike folder, the one where you put all you skins in
 
Instead, only delete the models folder in cstrike



To get everything you need to delete

Models

Materials

Sounds

Scripts

Those folders exist only for the purpose of custom content. Easier than deleting your whole cstrike and moving everything back and forth for maps ;)
 
Back
Top