Question about transparency

frap

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
2,032
How do I make an image transparent with gimp?
I do, and it looks transparent, but when I look on the website it is not transparent after uploading, i've done .gif and .bmp

I made an alpha channel, and did white color to alpha, and it removed the color, and i save it. But, it is not transparent when I upload.

Any help?
 
I do that and it still does not work, I have not had this problem before. I used to have a transparent avatar.
 
oh, thats caused by uploading problems. Upload it to tinypic.com then link it from there. uploading directly from pc > forums often causes transparency problems
 
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! IT DIDNT WORK! YOU NEED TO USE

WWW.GETPAINT.NET Its the BEST program ever! It is so much simpler and easier to use than silly GIMP.
 
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! IT DIDNT WORK! YOU NEED TO USE

WWW.GETPAINT.NET Its the BEST program ever! It is so much simpler and easier to use than silly GIMP.

GIMP is an amazing tool.

Besides he asked how to make an image transparent, not for Darth's opinion on image programs
 
have you tried merging the layers

21867_256564184536_714069536_3457565_3530606_n.jpg


21867_256575014536_714069536_3457696_4572977_n.jpg


thats 2 of my things that i used gimp for and they work just fine
 

Latest posts

Back
Top