Update TF2 - 4/28

I'm not minding the pyro 'fix' at all. I usually use different weapons to kill people anyways. I got 3 reflected kills in less than 5 secs it was crazy. It is a lot harder to kill heavies now event with the axtinguisher.

Btw people who had the 32 scoreboard that don't have it anymore, just reinstall it, works perfectly fine if you just reinstall it.
 
I would just like to say that the razorback doesn't suck because you can't hit an enemy with it, it sucks because it convinces the smart spies to go for the taunt kill or revolver kills, which are much more humiliating. It also slows you down slightly, which can make you an easier target for enemy snipers and soldiers!

I have yet to meet a smart spy then.
 
I have yet to meet a smart spy then.

I play on 2-fort alot, and if you try for the backstab on a razorback sniper there, 3 or 4 others charge you down and kill you before you can use your knife again :P

On a side note, I never have been a fan of the easy kill, even as pyro. Trust me, that razorback does nothing to stop a handouken :D
 
I would just like to say that the razorback doesn't suck because you can't hit an enemy with it, it sucks because it convinces the smart spies to go for the taunt kill or revolver kills, which are much more humiliating. It also slows you down slightly, which can make you an easier target for enemy snipers and soldiers!

I do believe there is no speed penalty when the razorback is equiped. They changed that a long time ago although since this big update I guess there is a chance they switched it back.
 
ಠ_ಠ Rant Time! ಠ_ಠ

Pre-nerf flamethrowers did at most, 180 damage per second at point-blank range falling off to 90 in a short range.
Post-nerf they do, at most 144 per second point blank to 72 per second in a short range.

So 90-180 down to 72-144 per second.

To compare:

Regular shotguns 8.175(extreme) to 243.75 (point blank)

Rocket launcher 54 dps at extremely long range to 134.4 dps at close range.

Minigun 50(extreme range) to 540dps (point blank)

Scattergun 4.92(extreme range) to 172.2dps (point blank)


So now our main weapon has gone from middling strong at close to short range to fairly weak at close to short range.

And to top off the crap sandwich from Valve that is the damage nerf, we're getting a side-order of crap in the form of an afterburn nerf.
To attempt to make up for nerfing our damage against all nine classes, we're getting a small bonus to damage against three classes. Whoopty doo.



If any other class's main weapon received a 5% damage nerf, the messageboards would be non-stop complaints.

Pyros get a 20% direct damage nerf with a 40% afterburn nerf and people are all "That's ok, you were overpowered, we like you better this way."
 
If you were counting on using the flare gun for damage you're doing it wrong. The point is to set him on fire and axtinguish his face off. Besides that, it pisses off snipers easily and puts a beacon on enemy medics. It's a damn fine weapon so long as you're not anywhere near a source of water or health. Just keep in mind, it is a secondary weapon that's not meant to pump out damage. Does the razorback suck because you can't hit an enemy with it? No. It does it's job just fine.


Who says you can't hit an enemy with your Razorback?
 
Has anyone seen the bug with the Engy where they can build multiple sentries? I thought I saw some Engies doing it today on Dustbowl.
 
Trust me There is MUCH MUCH worse companies kotah. :P Apexi knows very well what I'm talking about ^^.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top