Being smart during events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Kudo

EGO Addict
Joined
Sep 25, 2009
Messages
1,295
Jimmy here with a post.

As i see in events, People are being smart to the Ec's (event coordinators). When an Ec tells you to not kill, Dont be smart and just knife or damage someone. When the Ecs tell you to do something, do it and don't do anything else. Just follow what the Ec says and Don't act smart. The Ec's really hate that. They are trying to make an event a very fun experience to all the players and when your being smart, YOU ARE RUINING OTHER PEOPLE'S FUN!!!!!

Ex. 1

Characters!!
Ec.1
Player#1
Player#2

Ec.1 : Do not knife anyone and go to the ct spawn
Player#2 kills Player#1 with a deagle.
Player#2: You never said no killing!!
*Dead* Player#1: Are you kidding me!!!!
*Player#1 Leaves the game*


This can happen. You can ruin a event by being smart. Its not cool.

Bottom line:

Do not be smart during an event.​
 
Last edited:
Good post!

There was a lot of this during today's event.

You guys need to listen to the event coordinators, they are trying to make everything fun, and if you try and smart ass your away around what they say, than you are just ruining the event.
 
Did something went wrong again on Wed's Fight Night?? Geez guys, common. For once, listen to the EC's!!
 
It wasnt just today, it seems to keep happening at random events through out the week, i was just saying today as an example.
 
I went to Wednesday Night Fight tonight, and Left early, just because people weren't listening, and just mic spamming like crazy, and its sucks, cause I love going to events and playing with eGO members. But please guys listen to the EC's and don't mic spam the whole game. it makes people rage quit. because they get tired of listening to people.
 
It was horrible.
Everyones spamming, can't hear.
People not listening.

At the end a whole 30man server went to me and whomever was left that was listening which was very sad.

I had fun, a lil frustration but meh.

Danke for the event ECs.
 
its easy - follow eGO server rules (don't act like a punk) and listen to the coordinators. this is easy.
 
its easy - follow eGO server rules (don't act like a punk) and listen to the coordinators. this is easy.

that it may be... but some people apparently don't find it easy, or they think its fun to do their own thing
 
its easy - follow eGO server rules (don't act like a punk) and listen to the coordinators. this is easy.

Maybe the admin should get more strict and stop giving people so many chances, cause they just think, oh they won't do anything if I don't listen, I have the eGO tags on.....
 
I am never going to another wednesday night fight event again... I love events and all but that one is just Marked off of my list.
 
Yes, it's something that has been happening a bit recently. I believe it is a lack of respect, which is so rude. They use so much of their own time and effort and don't expect much back except co-operation, a bit of appreciation and for us to have lots of fun :].
 
Hmm..
Gotta agree, although towards the end I killed Killer for kicking me for saying he's dumb ;P
But other then that, you guys have to listen to the EC's and be nice to them.
Jackie is an amazing EC.
Killer...
Anyways be respectful!
 
Guys it's really simple,

eGO doesn't HAVE to organize events for us. They do because they know they are going to be a fun way of bringing this community closer together.

So the more you choose to not listen/disobey/find loopholes in the ECs orders, the more you frustrate everyone around you.

I wouldn't be surprised if the events get taken away from us for a time do to a lack of recognition of orders on our part.

I am sorry to the ECs and leadership that this has persisted for so long, and would not blame you for canceling any of the events
 
Maybe we should start banning the people who can't listen from attending events. If they can't listen, not spam the mics, and follow the rules, they shouldn't be there, they are ruining the fun for everyone else.
 
Following Rules are soo easy. All the Event Coordinators want is for you to do what they say and that will result in a fun event. These people are going out of their way to ruin events which isn't acceptable. I think we need to be more strict on kicking and banning during events because the way its going now, some people just wont stop.

Its easy, if you dont want to do what the EC's say, leave and join any other eGO Server where you can kill all you want, just dont waste everyone elses time by ruining it.
 
The issues brought up here are the main reasons that I do not participate as much as I should on eGO events.

We need to actually apprecaite that eGO does this for us. If you search the countless communities in CS:S you will see that eGO happens to be the only one that runs these types of events weekly.

Until I see someone post with a successful event with no mic-spamming and everyone listening, I don't see me joining.

I rather play on the other eGO servers until the event is over and I can play with my good CS:S buddies.
 
It's important to remember that it's not just chaos. Yes it does happen that things gets out of hand, and yes the Event Coordinator hosting the event will take charge of the chaos if it does happen.

Regardless, the events are supposed to be fun. This is also a reason why we wont kick everyone immediately. We are looking to keep the Event Server full during an Event. This would be hard if we had to kick for the slightest offence.

So everyone who attends events should go and have fun. You shouldn't have to worry about administrating etc.

It's no secret that we keep track people who attends, this gives CS:S Leadership a greater chance to see who is active in the community.

So get out there and have fun.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top