- Joined
- Jan 16, 2007
- Messages
- 6,091
ASSAULT_REDUX FAQ
Q) Im getting low FPS in this map, is there a way for you to fix it or me?
A) Turn off HDR completely. Or turn Water Reflections to Reflect World or Simple. Problem is that the main yard and that its so open makes it hard and almost impossible to optimize well to increase frame rates.
Q) The map is too bright and I dont want to turn the brightness down, cant you fix it?
A) Turn off HDR lighting, if its still to bright well then its not the map.
Q) I found a glitch that could be harmful to the game, such as crashing the game or server. Who do I submit it to?
A) If you find a glitch or exploit that could cause problems to your game or the server, PM a screen shot, demo or condump (if its in console) to me (Rogue Sniper).
Q) I found some developer textures or texture glitches, should I report them?
A) No, I already know of many of these problems as well as shadows that can be seen through walls and roofs.
Q) Ive tried lowering my settings as well as your advice of turning off HDR and Reflections but it doesn't help, anything you can do?
A) For the most part, no. However, if you want you can send your computer specifications to me in a Site PM (CPU, RAM, Video Card) and I can see why. Also try scanning for viruses, adware, spyware, malware, etc. De-fragmenting your hard drive can help speed up load times as well as ending non-essential processes in task manager to help free up CPU and RAM usage.
Q) Why do your hostages follow me when I go through the vents all the way up to the roof?
A) Well, mainly this has to do with navigation and how high you can be up away from the hostages before they stop following you. Some how its high enough that you can get the hostages to follow you on the main part of the warehouse while you go through the vents.
Q) Your hostages are floating, why is this?
A) They're magical, leave it at that.
Q) Some models are too shiny or dont render correctly until Im far enough away or am close to it.
A) I know this has been brought to my attention and I tried a few ways to fix it, unsuccessfully. Since it doesn't affect game play or performance, its on the low end of my priority list.
Mainly, with the update to CSS to allow for multi-core rendering will allow those with decent or old graphics cards to perform better if they have a dual or tri/quad core CPU since CSS will be able to take advantage of those multiple cores.
If you still run your game in DirectX 8.1 or 8.0, and unable to even run it in 9.0c. Um, this really isn't my fault on why you get low FPS on my map.
I will test in CS:S Beta on the performance of multi-core rendering.
Hopefully this answers most of your questions, if you have any about the map or the performance of the map. Feel free to post on here or PM me.
Last edited:























