Comp Css players.

Kami

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Messages
673
Although a very competitive player myself and having played cs since 2004 throughout the years and different versions, i would normally yell OMFG WTF MANZ at any idea of a update, but i have seen all these updates come in and the majority was good.

Hell i remember when the Radar was going to be changed. Do u remember the uproar it caused? i admit DWP (dynamic weapon pricing) was a complete fool idea good in concept but the wrong existing community to implement it with

Radar actually did so much good, i check it every 3 seconds now i actually can get a good idea of my team mates positioning and adjust myself to it looking at the radar.

Yes this is just one example, but i have decided that after 3 years of no continual support that i welcome this new BETA, i realize that it is only BETA and will more then likely change, i do hope they put in cvars to toggle it, i welcome the new engine, i welcome the new multi core and better hit reg/net code

Recoil change im not so sure of but i know that i can learn it again soon enough.

Stats, achievements etc.. i really don't mind let the pub rands have it.

Killcam, i am a bit worried but im sure they will have a cvar for it

Movement speed - Not worried at all, if you did some research u would have found they have identified this as a bug and have said they are going to patch it as soon as possible

So sit back, don't worry so much, We as players have to learn to adapt, I'd rather have a continued supported game with lots of updates rather then a dead end game

Besides lets hope CSPromod takes off :P
 
Last edited:
Good post. Although I'm not in the Beta, I hear a lot of people whining and complaining about it every time I see them.
 
I am not in the new beta, but from what ive heard its really awesome
 
Good post. I gladly welcome the update as long as i dont have to tone down my graphics settings to play. I doubt i will though since i have 2 cores and the multi core support is coming out. But I welcome the better hit reg with open arms.
 
Ive heard the beta will ruin everything and I've also heard it will be the best thing to happen to CS:S. I Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
 
yeah, for the new css beta if that does come along to the competitive css, it will be different but there will be some zblock that will disable the unnecessary thing such as the kill came and more to keep it simple as it is now.
 
Meh, they priovide these updates to keep CS:S new and fresh and keep us here. They COULD release a new game, but it would probably be sort of a rip off of the current version anyway. For example if these things changed in a NEW CS game then there wouldn't be to much complaint. Think of this as more of an expansion pack, I guess. Valve brought us this awesome game, I trust them to make it even better.
 
Among the more worrying changes are :
-Losing all your demos, demos before the update will not be playable after.
-Achievements lagging up the game / playing sounds mid round.
-Airaccelerate being removed, although this isn't a major problem, people just need to learn to bhop properly :P
-server tickrate being limited to 66
-TF2 sounds being used in css
 
Among the more worrying changes are :
-Losing all your demos, demos before the update will not be playable after.
-Achievements lagging up the game / playing sounds mid round.
-Airaccelerate being removed, although this isn't a major problem, people just need to learn to bhop properly :P
-server tickrate being limited to 66
-TF2 sounds being used in css

Demos- who cares about frag videos..
Achievements- Hope for cvar for servers to have/not have.
Airaccelerate- getting read of bhop is good imo. ( not cause i cant bhop that good).
-Tickrate Lolwut.. its not limited just cause BETA has low tick's doesn't mean they can't be changed
TF2- i agree.
 
It would be awesome if someone posted some screenies or demos or something so those who are not in the beta can see it kthxbye
 
Back
Top