360 degrees of TF2

They're freaking awesome, but what exactly are they? Are they just image renderings? When I first looked at them, I thought you had managed to transfer the actual map grid onto a sphere and play on it!
 
I take about 16 pictures in a sphere fashion from one point, stitched them together, then rendered them in different projections.
 
Last edited:
Update: ‎Thursday, ‎July ‎01, ‎2010
Added CTF_DoubleCross with the following image types
- Stereographic
- Fisheye
- Equirectangular​

*These changes will take effect the next time you reload this page.
 
I take about 16 pictures in a sphere fashion from one point, stitched them together, then rendered them in different projections.

So, you're saying that the camera position doesn't change only the view? Kind of like a panoramic that goes ALL the way around? Sweet! They definitely look fricken awesome that's for sure!
 
So, you're saying that the camera position doesn't change only the view? Kind of like a panoramic that goes ALL the way around? Sweet! They definitely look fricken awesome that's for sure!

Yep, I tried doing this in my front yard, but I needed a fisheye lens. lol
 
Update: ‎Thursday, ‎July ‎01, ‎2010
Added PL_CashWorks with the following image types
- Stereographic
- Fisheye
- Equirectangular​

*These changes will take effect the next time you reload this page.
 
Update: Tuesday, ‎July 27, ‎2010
Added PL_Thundermountain
Removed Fisheye previews to reduce size of post​

*These changes will take effect the next time you reload this page.
 
Back
Top