Euro events?

The Apeking

Rookie
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
89
Hey there everyone,


I guess most of you know that there was a quick draw event yesterday, IIRC this was either my second or maybe even my first event I attended in nearly a year at eGO.

I'm not the most active member but since I'm European I had to wait until 3 am for the event to start and I guess you understand that I'm neither able nor do I want to stay up so late to participate in an event.

There's the euro-realism event once a month, but compared to the 19 events that will be held next month (all at american times) this is not enough IMO.

I don't know how many european DOD:S players/admins we have but there should be enough to do at least 2 or 3 more euro events and if they'd be held at e.g. 22:30 pm on friday night (or even a bit later) there should be a few Americans or Canadiens on the east coast which would be able to join.

Maybe some europeans could say whether they'd like that or not or at least give me some information on how many europeans we have around here since I know that if there'd only be 2 people it would be ridiculous to do something like that.
 
Last edited:
good thinking. I'm in New Zealand at the moment so a euro event would fit in good for me.

Cheers
Kiwi
 
Yes im from europe too, netherland. And i wish there were much more events, arround 8 pm in the evening for us. Thats 2 PM EST for america. I think we have enough players in europe for some more events, 2 or 3 a month.
 
would be good :) i can go to the events now because i have school vacation .. its hard to go to an event at 3:00 AM GMT+1 when you need to get up again 7:00 and go to school ;)
 
The only euro event we have is euro Realism and that is on some rare Saturdays and start at 3 pm est for us guys in America which is early for some but not me and it benefits you since it is not too late.
 
i try to attend as much events as i can but i didnt even know we had melee madness every monday night till this week, 3am is just slightly too late when you have college the next day...
 
I think the trouble with this is firstly getting an advisor that can commit to those times each and every week. Secondly, getting approval to have events in what would be considered the middle of the day, during summer when the servers are filling up may not be easy either.

Just a guess, but it may be hard getting more events than we already have.
 
I think the trouble with this is firstly getting an advisor that can commit to those times each and every week. Secondly, getting approval to have events in what would be considered the middle of the day, during summer when the servers are filling up may not be easy either.

Just a guess, but it may be hard getting more events than we already have.

19 NA events are okay to do but one more euro event not?

But as I said, I'm not sure how many euro members we have, but I still have hope.
 
yeah i would love to see some more events at a good european time

cause theres no way i can make it to 3am ones when my son wakes at 7am this is not good lol
 
we need a European advisor.(We had one and he was a good one)
or they should give someone access to lead the event server.
what do you think?
 
I really feel for you Europeans, heck my work hours are closer to Euro time than American time. This issues comes up a lot and one of the main things holding back leadership approval is that some of our events are half-full at best. I know this isnt your fault but its like asking for dessert when you havent finished your vegetables. To give you all some hope, i know leadership is listening in and i may have heard some type of rumor of some sort that may or may not lead me to believe that more events could possibly be in line for the summer months... but you did or did not hear this from me depending on whether you took what i said at face value or as speculation.

In any case i just bought myself a case of Rockstar energy drinks to go with my Five Vegas Gold Churchill cigars so im ready to wake up early Saturday afternoon to get you Euros some extra killing time in, if it is required.
 
I've requested euro training and events many times.. and it comes down to what Stormy said in the basics. Heck sure events are awsome and it's a shame that us euro peeps can't be there to most of them, but just make it up by having a great time in the "normal" hours, I mean we can come on when the silly americans are wasted and run down.. and pwn their faces in the dirt!

It's a shame, but theres nothing much to be done about it, the leadship is listening (I HOPE!) so if people have the will to do these things there will be done something about it, when eGO has the rescoures to do it ofc.


Also an Euro adviser would help it along the way, but ofc isn't needed.
 
Back
Top