Golden Wrench QQ

Again, I approve of Random Drop in addition to other methods. When they added Achievement Based Weapon Unlocks back in addition to random unlocks, well, I haven't Cried Some More about drops since then. I like to know I have a snowball's chance of playing with the new toy sometime before my 5 year anniversary with eGO.

At least I'm not spending money to get a random chance at something. There is that.

EDIT: To Kowalski: I've never been convinced that "You have a one in a million chance of getting this item" is any more noob friendly than "Come with me to my listen server and I'll show you some cool Pyro tricks." If anything, a noob is more in need of instant gratification than a veteran any day; you've already got the vet hooked, but you have to convince the noob to stick around. You can make an argument that people achievement farming on a server is suck and fail, which I'll agree to, but you can't make the argument that it's easier for veteran and recruit alike to make me wait for lady luck to shine than to be able to earn it.

I live in Apartment 13. You think Lady Luck ever shows up?

EDIT EDIT: One thing I'd like to say really quick: my only serious complaint about TF2 has to do with cosmetic items which don't affect play. That's a seriously awesome track record for an online game, don't you think? I sure do.
 
Last edited:
Honestly, it's just hard to for me to get worked up over 1's and 0's in a game.

If I craft and manage to get a golden wrench, great.
If I don't, oh well.

It's all a game in the end. Am I having fun playing TF2? Yes, so I'll keep playing.

Life is WAYYYYYYYY too short to stress out, cry over, and complain about meaningless items. I have had two hats, I crafted them when I could and ended up with another. When/if I ever manage to get a second hat, I may just craft the two of those together as well for a new random hat. Valve adds this stuff for cosmetic changes and people get so bent out of shape that they can't have them. It's just a game, honestly, and you'll do your lifespan a favor if you don't stress out over something as trivial as this. That's my philosophy for a lot of aspects in my life, because there are bigger things to worry about ;)
 
I only want it to feel special as one of the hundred. If there was something like this for spy i definitely want it!
 
This is why I've got 2 hats in 80 hours of play. I don't care much for the cosmetics. I can't even see them when I'm busy firing a rocket into some guys face

Better than my 1 hat in 433 hours :sleep: lol
 
Engineers with a golden wrench dies as easily as a engineer with a normal wrench,

all I can say is all these drops of hats, items and more crap makes people easier to kill, since you can distinguish players, therefore able to target them more easily
This!
One of my minor nemesis is 2di4u. He's a rather fierce demoman but his tactics, while unique, are predictable and thus negatable; if you know it's coming. Good thing he wears the hustlers hallmark. So when I see a demo wearing that hat, I know how to approach him.

Same with the Golden Wrench. I see that and I'll know "here's a guy who doesn't know carp about playing engineer"
 
Last edited:
Oh my god, this thread has had so many tl;dr posts, it needs a health warning on it or something :P

Anyway, stop QQing, its a cosmetic wrench, it doesn't matter. Wouldn't be special either if everyone had it, so whatever *shrugs*


Agreed
 
I don't care much for the cosmetics. I can't even see them when I'm busy firing a rocket into some guys face

This. Although its nice to have because it makes me feel a bit special, I cannot help but think it only helps my enemies identify me on the field of battle.
 
Wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i want!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top