No worries here, I l have no interest in SC2. Hopefully it will sucker in all those engineer n00bs and make the servers enjoyable again.

Change the outcome of WWII so that the Zerg defeat the evil Protoss at Omaha beach.
One of the best parts is that they're actually listening to the community with changes.
Im looking forward to it. I just reinstalled the original SC 2 weeks ago just cause I got that itch to play. I found my old CD key buried in a box. I think I originally bought it in 1999. The disappointing part for me is that there will be 3 different games from what i understand. Online play will have no restrictions, meaning the game you buy on the 27 will contain terran single player only and unrestricted playing for mutiplayer. After that they will release separate single player games for zerg and protoss. SO to fully play the single player aspect you could be looking at $130... maybe more maybe less.
They actually changed that, they are calling the last 2 games expansions now and will be priced as such. They are going to be coming with new units, abilities, and maps for multiplayer as well. At least that's what the updated starcraft 2 faq says.Im looking forward to it. I just reinstalled the original SC 2 weeks ago just cause I got that itch to play. I found my old CD key buried in a box. I think I originally bought it in 1999. The disappointing part for me is that there will be 3 different games from what i understand. Online play will have no restrictions, meaning the game you buy on the 27 will contain terran single player only and unrestricted playing for mutiplayer. After that they will release separate single player games for zerg and protoss. SO to fully play the single player aspect you could be looking at $130... maybe more maybe less.
Probably the game with the biggest community/competitive scene ever.
Blizzard is very vigilant about this, drophack was squashed back in starcraft 1. Maphack will be banned extremely fast with their warden anticheat system built in. Even if someone managed to get past that, there is a built in report system.This is very true, and if its anything like age of empires 3 its very competitive and because its very competitive you get a ton of cheaters as well. People who dont want to lose their rank and will do anything to keep from doing so. In age of empires, you have people who drop trick or freeze the game on purpose causing you to lose the game no matter what. Its usually only a hand full of people who do things like this but it ruins the game for those who play for fun. I really hope SC2 has solutions or bans for people who do those things.
Blizzard is very vigilant about this, drophack was squashed back in starcraft 1. Maphack will be banned extremely fast with their warden anticheat system built in. Even if someone managed to get past that, there is a built in report system.
Also, adding on to the biggest competitive scene it is also one of the friendliest scenes. Most of the community is really nice, there is basically unwritten rules for 'good manners'. You don't want to end up being 'bm' or bad manners. The game is really easy to jump into if you interact with the community because of this, and you will get a ton of help.