Achievements: Yes or No?

Do you attempt achievements?

  • Yes

    Points: 32 47.1%
  • No

    Points: 36 52.9%

  • Total voters
    68
I don't like how you earn these achievements. I know that are jail servers disable the achievements which I 100% agree on, but I've been playing some mini game servers as of late and have earned between 10-20 achievements from those alone. Not to mention, quite a few hard ones (frugal beret). I find that totally unfair.

Also I played in one of our events yesterday, which had death-match enabled, and also earned another 2 harder achievements (the unstoppable force, the immovable object). I just think its a bit unfair how you can get around the difficulty of these achievements.

I was always an fbg guy as a lot of you dust_2 regulars would know, so I guess achievements are sort of my escape to handle my withdrawals of its removal. All in all, just saddens me the difficulty and sense of accomplishment of these achievements is blown to smithereens.

I agree with you 100%. I tried so hard in fbg to get my kill death back to 1.0, since I started using it really early after not playing css for about a year. Unfortunately I couldn't make that goal and I thought I could use achievements to fill the gap. Unfortunately, achievements can be won simply by playing bot matches, which makes the difficulty nonessential.
 
I always try to unlock an achievement everytime i play. It brings a new '' mod '' to the game and i like it.
 
No, but getting them is a nice boost....
Mainly i dont know where i need to look to find one to try for...
 
I take them as they come, if i see an opportunity for an achievment i dont already have i will try to take it. Otherwise nope :)
 
Take them as they come, unless I get together with a group of guys and put together a coalition to get the achievements done. :)
 
On steam there isn't much point to getting them (other than on TF2 of course) so I don't bother.
XBOX is a different story...
 
Back
Top