Call of Duty: Black Ops - Multiplayer Teaser

None of that looked remotely close to a Vietnam setting.

Get rid of these stupid killstreaks and just use a rifle and pistol like the classic Call of Duty 2.

The game doesn't take place entirely in Vietnam.

Black Ops is set in multiple wars between 1968 to 2010. Players take the role of black ops operators involved in missions behind enemy lines, taking place in various locations in the Cold War such as the Ural Mountains, Laos, Cuba, Vietnam, and 1980's Iran.
 
2010?
Since the BlackOps get to use advance weaponry, do we get access to the remote exploding bullets?
 
Call of Duty: Black Ops – Hardened & Prestige Editions!
http://www.callofduty.com/intel/355
Today, we unveil the Hardened and Prestige editions of Call of Duty: Black Ops! Embedded below is a video introducing the RC-XD killstreak reward, which features in the Prestige Edition of the game:

Hardened Edition:

- Call of Duty: Black Ops full game
- Premium, special-edition SteelBook™ case
- Limited edition Black Ops collector’s medal w/display case
- 4 additional co-op maps not included in the standard edition of the game
- Special Black Ops Xbox Live or PlayStation Home avatar outfit

Prestige Edition:

The Prestige Edition is what every hardcore Call of Duty fan needs. It includes everything in the Hardened Edition, along with a real remote-control vehicle modeled after the in-game RC-XD killstreak reward! The RC-XD’s features include:

- Video & audio sent wirelessly to remote transmitter (200 ft. range)
- 2” backlit TFT 220 x176 color screen built into RC controller
- Digital proportional steering and throttle
- Independent suspension
- High and low speed settings
- Custom pistol grip style RC controller
- Display stand

The RC-XD included in the Prestige Edition is a fully functioning surveillance device that is remotely controlled and transmits wireless video and audio back to the RC controller in real time. Every detail is modeled after the in-game RC-XD killstreak vehicle.

CODBO_360_HE_Spread_sml.jpg

CODBO_360_PE_Spread_sml.jpg

CODBO_360_PE_Box_Front_sml.jpg

CODBO_360PS3_PE_RC_sml.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MjcEeTmEys[/ame]
 
:O that prestige edition has an actual object that could be useful with it!?! too bad its probably electric, but gas would be too loud and couldnt sneak up on people, I'm guessing its at least 150, and not ever worth it
 
Last edited:
Not trollin or flamin, just don't really want this. It looks like a reskinned MW2. I kinda lost all faith in CoD after MW2, but I guess I'll rent this and see :).
 
Also if you have the Prestige Edition video it sound like we will have the ability to zoom with the snipers.
 
"Customized killstreaks will return, but the game-ending Tactical Nuke will not. Kills earned from killstreak rewards will not count towards increasing a player's killstreak."

"Shotguns and Machine Pistols as secondary weapons are not expected to return, as Treyarch stated in an interview that they give the player "too much firepower"."

"The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 perks Commando and One Man Army are not going to return."

I have high hopes for Black Ops. In addition to everything I hope they're learning from MW2 to fix, they've confirmed dedicated servers will be back for PC.
What?! They're taking all those out? Those are some of the epic features that made MW2 fun. :crying:
 
2010?
Since the BlackOps get to use advance weaponry, do we get access to the remote exploding bullets?

Rounds that explode at a predetermined distance have been around for over a decade. The F2000 uses a range-finding laser to have its explosive grenades detonate mid air if someone is behind cover.

The AA-12 shotgun also has explosive shotgun rounds which are pretty cool in real life.
 
Theres also those badass sniper rounds that pierce a brick/cinderblock wall and shower the other side in shrapnel, eventually making the wall a shotgun
 
Wow! This seriously looks awesome! I wish my brother bought this instead of mw2... if only we could reverse time :P But i might convince him to buy this :P
 
What?! They're taking all those out? Those are some of the epic features that made MW2 fun. :crying:

1st: It said shotguns and machine pistols weren't secondaries anymore. I suppose they're still primaries.

2nd: One Man Army kinda defeats the purpose of secondary weapons.

3rd: Nuke was useless, and led to people working together to kill each other to get the nuke in FFA.

4th: Commando...just no. Knife's already overpowered.

Overall: They were really unbalanced. We're better off without them.
 
I know this topic is a bit old, but I just saw this video and had to respond to it.

I am an avid CoD4 and CoD:WaW fan, but was heart broken with the disaster that was Modern Warfare 2. It wasn't just the no dedicated servers that turned me off, rather the entire multiplayer aspect of the lacked the ability to keep me from barely getting past 2nd prestige. (I was 10 prestiage in WaW) The only good thing in the game was Spec Ops.

Now to the point of this thread - the trailer. I really don't see where people's excitement is being generated from. I hate to say this, but the trailer just looked like a recycled Modern Warfare 2. The voice overs from the kill streaks were similar, the layout was similar, the look and feel of the weapons was similar, and to top it off the graphics actually seemed worse.

I hate to say it, but with all those similarities to MW2 I don't see any chance of this game being descent. I guess we shall wait and see, maybe the ability to use dedicated servers will change things to the extreme.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top