After much thought and head scratching, I decided to finally buy the much needed parts for my out-dated rig.
In the end, after hours of looking for the best, yet "cheapest" parts, I ended up with this mighty fine collection of electronic devices.
They are the following:
AMD Phenom II 1090T, which I've easily overclocked to 3.7GHz without any heat problems.
4x2Gb Corsair Dominator 1600MHz, overclocked to 1830MHz (Give or take 10MHz). Currently @ 1600MHz due to heat. Timings: 9-9-9-24 stable @ 1800MHz (1.6V OC, 1.5V default)
All placed so finely on a Asus Corsair Formula IV (Think I got the name right).
Also got a CoolIT ECO A.L.C water cooler.
Given that my older MB and CPU didn't take my pair of HIS Radeon HD4870 too well (The vicious bottleneck got me..), I bought this fine pieces of equipment.
I can now use both GPU's, satisfying my gaming needs.
All powered by a Corsair 750W PSU.
The only problem I have, though, is there's no IDE connection(s) on the motherboard as I can see, thus, installing network drivers etc. required me to improvise.
I would recommend this build (Possibly with less RAM and 1 GPU of the HD5000 series) to anyone who can afford it, as it's seriously worth it.
Ran BF:BC2 a quick round, and with everything on max, I had no lagg at all.
I have also yet to lagg on WoW, with the FPS never dropping below 40. (Haven't tried in Northrend or any raids yet)
All placed in a mighty fine CM HAF932.
Also, had to cough up about 1134$ for these parts, excluding everything else. But I think it all costs about 2k$, excluding the CD-ROM thingy, monitor and fan control I have.
Now to the point of this long thread; What's eGO members opinion on this build? Anything I should've/shouldn't have done?
Opinions on the build? etc.
*EDIT*
I also got 21k+ 3Dmarks from 3DMark06. I saved the results as a .3DR file, but 3DMark won't open it for some reason..
In the end, after hours of looking for the best, yet "cheapest" parts, I ended up with this mighty fine collection of electronic devices.
They are the following:
AMD Phenom II 1090T, which I've easily overclocked to 3.7GHz without any heat problems.
4x2Gb Corsair Dominator 1600MHz, overclocked to 1830MHz (Give or take 10MHz). Currently @ 1600MHz due to heat. Timings: 9-9-9-24 stable @ 1800MHz (1.6V OC, 1.5V default)
All placed so finely on a Asus Corsair Formula IV (Think I got the name right).
Also got a CoolIT ECO A.L.C water cooler.
Given that my older MB and CPU didn't take my pair of HIS Radeon HD4870 too well (The vicious bottleneck got me..), I bought this fine pieces of equipment.
I can now use both GPU's, satisfying my gaming needs.
All powered by a Corsair 750W PSU.
The only problem I have, though, is there's no IDE connection(s) on the motherboard as I can see, thus, installing network drivers etc. required me to improvise.
I would recommend this build (Possibly with less RAM and 1 GPU of the HD5000 series) to anyone who can afford it, as it's seriously worth it.
Ran BF:BC2 a quick round, and with everything on max, I had no lagg at all.
I have also yet to lagg on WoW, with the FPS never dropping below 40. (Haven't tried in Northrend or any raids yet)
All placed in a mighty fine CM HAF932.
Also, had to cough up about 1134$ for these parts, excluding everything else. But I think it all costs about 2k$, excluding the CD-ROM thingy, monitor and fan control I have.
Now to the point of this long thread; What's eGO members opinion on this build? Anything I should've/shouldn't have done?
Opinions on the build? etc.
*EDIT*
I also got 21k+ 3Dmarks from 3DMark06. I saved the results as a .3DR file, but 3DMark won't open it for some reason..
Last edited:








erformance ratio on as good as all AMD cpu's is pretty damn insane in my opinion. Also, the 1090T perfectly suits my needs, and give me exactly the performance I want. Aswell as being a BE CPU, it's a wonderful OC toy






