DoD Divisional Commentary/Morale Thread

jeod66

EGO Zealot
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
1,996
We haven't done one of these in a while, so I think now would be a good time to have another morale/general discussion thread. Before we get too into things, let's review the basic ground rules for these discussions:

Rules
You don't need to respond to every single post; consolidate them rather than spam an answer to every other post. I'd like to get opinions from the DoD division here in particular; that means that we don't want others coming in with "TF2/INS's method of ______ is better". No slamming other divisions or members (Translation: enough with the daycare jokes).
With that being said, let's cover a few topics of interest here, in no particular order:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Events

-We currently are running five events each week. A noteworthy change is that the Monday Melee Madness is now under the control of Greenlight Terror, who has rejoined us from a bit of a sabbatical. If you have new ideas for events, please put them in the Drop Box and we'll be more than happy to take a look. (Again, please, consolidate multiple ideas into one thread for convenience.)

2.) Promotions

-As always, let's see some promotion recommendations in the Drop Box, especially from our eGOs. Your input is always appreciated, and we do review every single person that comes up in there for inclusion on lists.

3.) Admin Training

-EdgeGamers recently rolled out a new Unified Admin 101 curriculum, and we are teaching the Steam version in our Admin 101 class for eGs and above. The Advanced Admin Training class remains as it is (for now), and requires 101 first. DoD has also added two Admin Trainers (as you may or may not know), Greenlight Terror (again, returning to active duty) and ShadowBlade72.

4.) Server Issues

-We're working on it. Servers don't get restarted immediately, but if you let us know, we'll do our best to contact the right people ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience.

5.) The "DoD:S eGO World Tour", or, "Let's visit some of our comrades!"

-As some of you have noticed, we've been playing in other divisions' servers a little bit more lately. The goals of this are to check out how they do things (to teach admin classes better and understand the differences in games) and and to foster "interdivisional cooperation", and stuff. It's about hanging out, getting to know people, and having fun (despite the chaos we've caused in Jail by following the rules to the letter). See? Mayhem CAN pay off in the long run!

Favorite quote so far:

=(eGO)=? Dr. Compton {TJ}: So, how do you feel about DoD admins visiting your servers?
=(eGO)=? Cryptex: I'm gonna beat every single one of you.

(Oh, a sidenote: the {TJ} tag was made up for those who accompanied us to Jail multiple times on this trip and played as a team with us. No, you can't just put it on and "join" simply because it looks cool ;) .)

Next stop (maybe): TF2. Be afraid. You've been warned.

6.) Competition

-Realism Campaign #2 signups are beginning, so put your name down ASAP if you're interested. As mentioned during the recent clanwide meeting on Friday, Ronpaul will be heading up a DoD competitive team to take on all challengers; more information will be coming soon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, if you've taken the time to read this far, I (and the rest of DoD Leadership) would like to hear what you have to say.

The community's listening, and would like your input. How do YOU think DoD is doing, and where can we improve?

Thanks in advance! DoD is the greatest division here at eGO, without a doubt; a solid, dedicated group that loves to play together and have fun, with minimal drama and nonsense, while maintaining a solid reputation for our servers in the online world.
 
Yes Im in the quote!

It wouldnt let me do it in all caps, so I made it look all fancy.
 
TJ all the way, I personally would like see to see more events, maybe a few more "R" rated one's. Maybe an adult night, but more events would be good for me. Also i know id like to see some competition, for all players, yes even bad ones. Other than that i think the division as a whole is doing fine. By the way id be fine leading an event O_o =P
 
I have placed a suggestion in the drop box to replace our mostly dead Sniper Server with a Blitz Map server.

for those that dont know what a Blitz map is - it is a central thru-way with no side alleys like a standard map.. it is a run-n-gun, rush map.
 
Last edited:
Definitely more organized visits to the other games, such as BC2 and TF2.
I stop in the BC2 servers about 1/2 as much as I get on DoD, and considering how much I get on DoD, that's a decent amount.
 
I think.... we sometimes promote people to fast. I aint gonna call names but i know some people who can't be admin becaus there english is bad and so on.
 
the only thing that i will say is that there are people who cause problems on the servers who have been promoted and some people who need to be promoted who are still e's...ok...i lied...the other thing that i will say is there is a huge problem witht the shot registry on our servers...
 
As a whole I think the DoD division is doing great, but one thing I'd love to see is that we replace the sniper server with a server that rotates through the stock maps every 30-45 minutes or so and lets the players use commands like rtv etc.
I find myself often playing on TriggerHappy's Stock map rotation if our servers aren't populated. I think it's something we can adapt because their server is almost always full. It also allows people to occasionally play maps that current eGO servers don't host or that aren't as populated (Colmar, Kalt, Argentan).
 
Love the DoD:S division <3.

Sniper server is really in the crapper, time for a change? Blitz server sounds like the first legit/unique solution I've heard in a while.

How about the Anzio server tearing it up? Good work people.

How is event attendance (besides realism)? Events are awesome and a lot of fun, but many of us can't attend 5 events pretty much every night of the week. If we are having a problem with attendance we could shave it down to 3 or 4 and make it more shiney/special?

That kind of leads into another point, where are we at with recruiting? #'s up or down? I would have to guess slightly down, but I honestly have no clue. More recruits=more people to hang around and play with=better attendance at events=more fun for our division. Sure, DoD:S is one of the oldest divisions in eGO but the game has been out forever and there aren't a billion people playing it anymore. That doesn't mean we can't continue to post good recruiting #'s if we make it a point of emphasis.

Yay realism tourney!

Yay ronpaul/competitive team!

Haven't been on many of the interdivision events, sounds like a good time.

Overall, I think that the division is doing well, and I truly believe it is a large cornerstone of eGO. We definitely have the best corp of admins/advisors/leadership in the clan, but there is always room to improve upon a good thing. :)
 
I think.... we sometimes promote people to fast. I aint gonna call names but i know some people who can't be admin becaus there english is bad and so on.

Well not everyone has superb grammar but actually I've seen admins who improved their English skills vastly.
 
Events
In my Opinion we have plenty of events if not too many. If we shave them down like IO said, it would make them more appealing. Then they would be full, which is a lot more fun. Also I feel they should be advertised better. There is a thread in our Division Announcements. However, this is outdated and has incorrect times. So if they were advertised better I feel we would get better attendance.

Promos
When I was back in NZ for the summer I was playing with great e's who our leaders just don't see. I would have suggested them for Promotion but I didn't know if it was my place as I am just a Newish eG. If we could get more admins on during the US late nights. It would help keep our servers running smoothly and keep them populated. If you give them some responsibility they feel more involved and accountable. well thats what happened for me anyway.

Recruitment
It is a lot of work to recruit. But I think Once we have requited people we should make it mandatory that we invite them into our DoD Steam group. So they keep connected. I was in eGO for months before I even new about it.

Maps
Our sniper severs is a dead duck at the moment. I rarely see people on there. If there is anyone. they are usually just random pubbers. Maybe we could change it up a bit. that rush server sounds good. However I feel that its novelty factor would wear of quickly. I don't know people think about a Zombie server just to change it up. A bit of fun.

these are just my thoughts from my limited time here.

Cheers,
Kiwi
 
Last edited:
haha, i like most of this, glad Greenlight is back to the admin trainers! woohoo lol.

and yes make sure you signup on realism tournament, it is a night a fun packed bullet slinging fun!
 
the only thing that i will say is that there are people who cause problems on the servers who have been promoted and some people who need to be promoted who are still e's...ok...i lied...the other thing that i will say is there is a huge problem witht the shot registry on our servers...


I know you were joking around here bio, but this is for everyone. I believe this falls under Jeod's statement of using the dropbox for promo rec's! We love to hear your opinions about up and coming new potential admins! So use it!

Also, on the flip side, if ever an issue is to arise amongst another member, please dropbox it instead of using the public forums.


As a whole I think the DoD division is doing great, but one thing I'd love to see is that we replace the sniper server with a server that rotates through the stock maps every 30-45 minutes or so and lets the players use commands like rtv etc.
I find myself often playing on TriggerHappy's Stock map rotation if our servers aren't populated. I think it's something we can adapt because their server is almost always full. It also allows people to occasionally play maps that current eGO servers don't host or that aren't as populated (Colmar, Kalt, Argentan).

I have a proposal for you bloodshot. A challenge really. Instead of going to another server when our servers aren't populated, I challenge you, and all our members really, to get our servers going! For those that follow me onto the servers, I give out Tons of Casino Cash for coming in and killing me. All it takes is a few dedicated people to get the servers going.


...

That kind of leads into another point, where are we at with recruiting? #'s up or down? I would have to guess slightly down, but I honestly have no clue. More recruits=more people to hang around and play with=better attendance at events=more fun for our division. Sure, DoD:S is one of the oldest divisions in eGO but the game has been out forever and there aren't a billion people playing it anymore. That doesn't mean we can't continue to post good recruiting #'s if we make it a point of emphasis.

as most of you heard, recruiting numbers are down a bit from previous months. This is not a DoD:S Specific Problem but a general one across all divisions. We'd love to hear some ways of recruiting if you have any.

Also remember, that the responsibilities of recruiting falls on us. So if you see a pubber out there that's been there for awhile, always behaves, never had a problem with, get them to our forums and sign them up!
 
I really enjoy the idea of visting other games and servers. Members often only like to visit a small selection of maps or games (myslef included). I will be doing my best to tour different games and servers and hopefully learn from other dividision or even teach them!

Im very excited about this comming Realism Tournament. For those of you who dont know; now have a group of five very dedicated Tournament Admins that have been working hard at improving every aspect of the tournament. The only problem i saw last time was the lack of member input. Remember fellas were not sensitive and we like honesty, if you do not like any part of the tournament or have a recommendation please feel free to send us a PM or post on the forums. Hope to see some new faces, and possibly players from new divisions around for our 2nd Tournament!
 
Some time ago I visited an American server where at the end of a round the teams change spawn ie: Anzio beach was Allie's till end of round then Axis had the beach at start of next round. Really worked well, would be fair on both teams if we could do the same.
 
Back
Top