Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop

Bane

Active Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
399
It says no boot sector on internal hard drive i am thinking Bad Hard drive? what do you think?
 
Throw in your XP/vista/whatever OS CD and boot from it. When it asks you what you want to do, load the Recovery Console and try the follow commands:

FIXBOOT - writes a new boot sector to the HD

FIXMBR - fixes the master boot record or replaces it if too damaged


then if no good try

chkdsk /f - will fix any issues with the file system

If those don't work you'll probably need to reformat the drive. It could be going bad but when I used to LAN my hard drives would get screwed up moving the PC to and from. I got these same errors but I could repair my boot sector with no problems.
 
Friends got my OS install discs/No dvds/ and ran ES tool
 

Latest posts

Back
Top